advantage to buying trip ins. early?

gas1208

Put the deposit on our 12 day Europe cruise a few months back..confused about pre-existing condition..insurance we will purchase is partly for fil who

has congestive heart disease..

also, is there a time frame when it has to be purchased?

Put the deposit on our 12 day Europe cruise a few months back..confused about pre-existing condition..insurance we will purchase is partly for fil who

has congestive heart disease..

also, is there a time frame when it has to be purchased?

If you need coverage for pre-existing medical conditions most plans will require that you purchase a policy shortly after making the first payment on the cruise -- the time period ranges from 7 to 21 days after that initial deposit date depending on the plan.

Two exceptions are some of the HTH and CSA plans which offer coverage for pre-existing medical conditions if the policy is purchased no later than the final payment date of the cruise.

Some cruise line policies (such as Carnival), while not specifically covering pre-ex conditions, will at least give you a credit toward a future cruise if your claim is denied due to a pre-ex condition.

I spent many hrs reading forums and checking out insurance websites as I was also concerned about preexisting conditions affecting any possible cancellaton of a trip. I put down my deposit aug 09 final payment not due till march 22. Didn't realize preexisting condition would pertain to family members NOT travelling with us, for instance a sick parent, grandparent brother in our family not travelling, if we cancelled because they took a turn for the worse then we would not recover our money. SO CSA LUXE is the only one I could find that had the preexisting waiver.

jean

Archived