Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort in Freeport

tk22

There is an excursion listed for this resort, but the cost is $91 per person - does anyone know if you can purchase day passes on your own for this all-inclusive resort and if so how much? I read on these posts that you can enjoy the beach for free, but lacking restroom facilities if you do this.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion on this but I thought it might be helpful.

I stayed at the Wyndham for 5 days several years ago. (2)

Don't get me wrong, the beach is beautiful but it is NOT worth $91 per person. The food is so so at its best. The activities are very very limited and the pool was not very clean. And somehow people get on the beach to haggle you to buy stuff.

Just thought I would give you some information.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion on this but I thought it might be helpful.

I stayed at the Wyndham for 5 days several years ago. (2)

Don't get me wrong, the beach is beautiful but it is NOT worth $91 per person. The food is so so at its best. The activities are very very limited and the pool was not very clean. And somehow people get on the beach to haggle you to buy stuff.

Just thought I would give you some information.

Thanks for your input - I really appreciate it. Was alcohol also included at this all-inclusive resort? :confused:

I was looking at the Breezes all-inclusive resort for our stop in Nassau (according to posts on CC, it was a nice resort); so I might just skip the beach in Freeport and do some shopping. Thanks again, any and all info is appreciated. ;)

We went there in March of last year. Yes, drinks are included and plentiful. It is a very pretty beach. Yes, there are people that try to braid your hair or sell you necklaces, but they are polite and take no for an answer. I have heard they are everywhere on every beach. The pool area was nice with plenty of chairs. Pool is large. We ate breakfast there, it was so-so. They did make omlets for you, they are good. At lunchtime they Bar-B-Qued next to the pool. They also had conch fritters. I had never had these before and they were good. I don't think I would want to spend a week there, but it was nice for a day. It is not some high rise luxury resort, but it is plenty nice for the day. We had fun and are considering going there again on our cruise in August.

We went there in March of last year. Yes, drinks are included and plentiful. It is a very pretty beach. Yes, there are people that try to braid your hair or sell you necklaces, but they are polite and take no for an answer. I have heard they are everywhere on every beach. The pool area was nice with plenty of chairs. Pool is large. We ate breakfast there, it was so-so. They did make omlets for you, they are good. At lunchtime they Bar-B-Qued next to the pool. They also had conch fritters. I had never had these before and they were good. I don't think I would want to spend a week there, but it was nice for a day. It is not some high rise luxury resort, but it is plenty nice for the day. We had fun and are considering going there again on our cruise in August.

You are referring to the Wyndham in Freeport, correct? Did you go on a ship excursion and if not, how much was the day pass and did you purchase it at the front desk? :confused:

You are referring to the Wyndham in Freeport, correct? Did you go on a ship excursion and if not, how much was the day pass and did you purchase it at the front desk? :confused:

Yes, I am refering to the Wyndham in Freeport. We did the ship excursion, it has been almost a year, but I believe the above mentioned $91.00 is correct. We purchased all of our excursions online about a month before our cruise, because on our first cruise we did not and two of the excursions we had our heart set on were booked as soon as we go to our room to try to book them though our television. From now on I will book the excursions I have my heart set on online before the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to book excursions for our cruise in April on Carnival. This excursion doesn't show as available anymore. Not just for the week we're going. Its just not on the list anymore. Has Carnival dropped this excursion?

Wow - when I posted this thread, it was listed as Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort and after reading your post, I checked again on the Carnival web site and I do not see it anymore:confused::confused: I wonder what happened - they must have cancelled this excursion for some reason, as I didn't look under my cruise information; just went in from the main Carnival page.

It is gone, and you know what else is gone from the Bahamas section? The Atlantis Beach Day from the Nassau list.:(

We wanted to go to Atlantis but not the water park, since we are indifferent about water parks, but I wanted to do the Atlantis property along with just the beach.

What the hey?

I was additionally interested in the Wyndham in Freeport for myself in case the Mr. wanted to do bottom fishing there again (I got mal-de-mer on it last time)

:(

There are now fewer than 20 excursions listed for Freeport. Lame!!!

Archived