Better Hurry Before Rates Increase

dalsti

MIAMI, Feb. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

Carnival Cruise Lines is reporting record wave season bookings, with strong reservations activity for 2010 departures. As a result of the strong booking volumes, a general price increase will be implemented effective March 22 for all summer sailings in June, July and August.

For the period of Jan. 1 through Feb. 21, 2010, bookings were at unprecedented levels for the line's 22 ships which operate three- to 15-day voyages from a variety of convenient North American home ports.

Carnival President and CEO Gerry Cahill said, "We're seeing significantly increased volume as consumers are taking advantage of the incredible value that a Carnival cruise provides. And while pricing hasn't fully recovered to 2008 levels, we are increasing prices and will implement an across-the-board increase effective March 22."

He said that the price increases will vary by departure date but will be up to 5 percent.

Yes, John Heald just posted this news on his Blog this morning....

book by March 22 to avoid the 5% increase.

We have 5 to book for the rest of 2010....so I need to get busy!!!

You have 5 cruises to book for the rest of this year?!?! I wish I was as lucky as you!

Yes, John Heald just posted this news on his Blog this morning....

book by March 22 to avoid the 5% increase.

We have 5 to book for the rest of 2010....so I need to get busy!!!

All 5 are for June, July & August? :confused:

This is nothing more than a cute little marketing ploy to try to jump-start demand. Tell people that they're going to raise prices in a month, so that everyone will book today, thus justifying the price increase. I hope that everyone recognizes this ploy for what it is, so they don't make any rash financial decisions.

If you were planning to book a cruise within the next month, then continue with your plan, and if you weren't, then continue with that plan. Don't let a marketing strategy cause you to mess with your financial plans.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

I booked a cruise in January for July and the cost has already gone up $300 total for three of us. I was fed up with the horrific weather in the Northeast and a Caribbean cruise sounded really good to me. Curious if alot of others did this as well.

MIAMI, Feb. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

Carnival Cruise Lines is reporting record wave season bookings, with strong reservations activity for 2010 departures. As a result of the strong booking volumes, a general price increase will be implemented effective March 22 for all summer sailings in June, July and August.

For the period of Jan. 1 through Feb. 21, 2010, bookings were at unprecedented levels for the line's 22 ships which operate three- to 15-day voyages from a variety of convenient North American home ports.

Carnival President and CEO Gerry Cahill said, "We're seeing significantly increased volume as consumers are taking advantage of the incredible value that a Carnival cruise provides. And while pricing hasn't fully recovered to 2008 levels, we are increasing prices and will implement an across-the-board increase effective March 22."

He said that the price increases will vary by departure date but will be up to 5 percent.

Please....then why are the spring break cruise prices still dropping!!!!

Archived