Help with Shopping in Cabo and Ensenada : )

srm54

Will be on the Carnival Spirit for 5 days in October. Since it is only 2 months from Christmas thought I would do some Christmas shopping while I am there. Would like to purchase some Talavera pottery, handblown Mexican glass, silver, Kahlua and Tequila. Have read that Pomegrante and cream tequila is delicious so will be looking for that. Need some help with where to shop for these items. I understand that Cabo can be more expensive so would it be better to shop for these items in Ensenada? Have also heard that Costco and Walmart have great prices on alcohol but how far is it from Ensenada or Cabo cruise port? Where would you recommend buying Talavera pottery, glass or silver and what is the going rate? Any and all answers are appreciated. (Sorry that I have so many questions - I really like to know what I am doing before I go anywhere). :)

Cabo is expensive, Ensenda is actually a nice walking area (we live in san diego and have been many times, from the ship it is nice, and Ensenda lacks other things to do, and will be COOL COLD next week, suggest stopping by Fausto Polanco for shopping WOW!). In WARM Cabo, there are more popular things to do like a boat tour and/or a Medano Beach lounge. Cabo's marina boardwalk is also very beautiful

Cabo Medano Beach

IMG_1073.jpg

Cabo Marina Boardwalk

IMG_1794.jpg

Cabos' Beautiful WARM WEATHER bay

IMG_1149-1.jpg

Ensenada will be COOL WEATHER next week (so shop there)

IMG_1882.jpg

Will be on the Carnival Spirit for 5 days in October. Since it is only 2 months from Christmas thought I would do some Christmas shopping while I am there. Would like to purchase some Talavera pottery, handblown Mexican glass, silver, Kahlua and Tequila. Have read that Pomegrante and cream tequila is delicious so will be looking for that. Need some help with where to shop for these items. I understand that Cabo can be more expensive so would it be better to shop for these items in Ensenada? Have also heard that Costco and Walmart have great prices on alcohol but how far is it from Ensenada or Cabo cruise port? Where would you recommend buying Talavera pottery, glass or silver and what is the going rate? Any and all answers are appreciated. (Sorry that I have so many questions - I really like to know what I am doing before I go anywhere). :)

Can't answer all your questions but will do the best I can. For handblown Mexican glass you can have a taxi in Cabo take you the glass factory. It is interesting. It's not real delicate glass however. From what I remember more like tumblers, etc. I haven't seen a Costco or Walmart in Cabo so if they are there they are probably far from the cruise port. I'm thinking Ensenada might be cheaper for most things as Cabo gets alot more cruise passengers due to the size of ships that travel there plus all those land vacationers. I think for silver your better prices are going to be in Ensenanda. My sister, who is a jewelry buyer, got people in Ensenada to really bargain with her. If you go to Ensenada first and see most of what you need I would bargain with the people and you will most likely get a better price than you will get in Cabo. Having said that, I believe Cabo has alot of good places to buy tequila. Have you tried doing a search on this forum with the words Cabo and tequila? I think there are lots of recommendations.

Enjoy your time in Mexico.

Archived