Staying at FL Hilton Beach Resort - what is near?

38anchor

We have booked in for 2 nights at the FL Hilton Beach resort before our May Oasis cruise.

As we are flying in from the UK, the first night will probably be a bit of a wash out (jet lag etc), but as we are not hiring a car we would like to know what is in walking distance, in terms or places to eat and shopping.

We don't mind using cabs, but would just prefer to know before venturing out if places are in walking distance or not, and how much a cab 'may' cost.

Places we have highlighted that we would like to visit (time allowing):-

Galleria Mall

Gallery At Beach Place

Las Olas Boulevard

The Cheesecake Factory

Outback Steakhouse

Are there any other places in walking distance we should know about......?

Casablanca Cafe is (south) terrific. Primante's (north) has great 24 hr pizza. The water taxi stop is less than 6 blocks away at the west end of Sabastian St. The lobby bar at the W Hotel next door is a fun place to be on weekend nights, and you should visit the pool there if they'll let you in.

Casablanca Cafe is (south) terrific. Primante's (north) has great 24 hr pizza. The water taxi stop is less than 6 blocks away at the west end of Sabastian St. The lobby bar at the W Hotel next door is a fun place to be on weekend nights, and you should visit the pool there if they'll let you in.

Hey Royalcruz-

I was just looking on the Hilton's website. From their directions, it sounds like Primante's is just around the corner - is it? Primante's is on Sunrise right?

We are Hilton Honor members and usually stay at Embassy Suites. Do you think it would be worth the extra points to stay at this Hilton? Embassy has gotten to be hit or miss. Cleanliness is more important to me than the manager's reception and breakfast buffet.:o

I enjoy reading all of your helpful posts! :)

Hey Royalcruz-

I was just looking on the Hilton's website. From their directions, it sounds like Primante's is just around the corner - is it? Primante's is on Sunrise right?

We are Hilton Honor members and usually stay at Embassy Suites. Do you think it would be worth the extra points to stay at this Hilton? Embassy has gotten to be hit or miss. Cleanliness is more important to me than the manager's reception and breakfast buffet.:o

I feel the same way about Embassy. We booked the Hilton FLL Marina for our upcoming trip. Through Expedia, we are paying $155. CAN including breakfast. Around the same price as Embassy. :)

Hey Royalcruz-

Primante's is about a 4 block walk, one block before Sunrise Blvd. It's on the corner of A1A, so you can't miss it. It's a dive, but the food is good.

If you have a little time to enjoy Fort Lauderdale, then the Hilton is definitely worth the extra points because it is by the beach. Most of the rooms have balconies that you can see the ocean if you look to one side and the intracoastal to the other. Because it just opened last year, it is probably cleaner than ES. But the Embassy Suites lobby has more atmosphere and is prettier than the Hilton IMO. The Hilton is sleek and modern, but cold and lifeless to me.

I'm thinking about changing our reservation from Gallery One to here since my Mom asked about being closer to the ocean. How far from the port is this? Does anyone know how easy it is to get a cab? I honestly have to say I have never had to get a cab from a hotel before, so not sure if we have to call someone, or if they are just there waiting.

Thanks Royalcruz ;)

Was this newly built or a renovation?

38anchor - I would enjoy hearing about your stay once you return home!!

I am not Royalcruz, but if you're asking if the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach is newly built or a renovation..............it is newly built. It is a highrise property that was completed a little over 2 yrs ago (2 yrs or so).

I am not Royalcruz, but if you're asking if the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach is newly built or a renovation..............it is newly built. It is a highrise property that was completed a little over 2 yrs ago (2 yrs or so).

N-i-c-e ;)

Thanks oncruisecontrol!!

I'm thinking about changing our reservation from Gallery One to here since my Mom asked about being closer to the ocean. How far from the port is this? Does anyone know how easy it is to get a cab? I honestly have to say I have never had to get a cab from a hotel before, so not sure if we have to call someone, or if they are just there waiting.

The Hilton is about 3 miles from the south port entrance. (The Gallery One is about another mile further). There are usually a bunch of cabs on the side street by the hotel entrance waiting to go to the W and the Hilton. If not, I'm sure that someone will call you one.

Archived