soft drinks

cruisinlawn

we'll be on the Island out of ACA in couple of months. Plan on picking up soft drinks prior to boarding, will likely have couple of 12-packs. My question, if I duct tape them together really well, slap a luggage tag on them, check them at pier, do you think they'll show up at our cabin with/as luggage? or should we just plan as carry-on?

we'll be on the Island out of ACA in couple of months. Plan on picking up soft drinks prior to boarding, will likely have couple of 12-packs. My question, if I duct tape them together really well, slap a luggage tag on them, check them at pier, do you think they'll show up at our cabin with/as luggage? or should we just plan as carry-on?

Just carry them on.

I would suggest you save yourself the bother of doing all that and just buy the coke package once you are on board. You get all you can drind, price is reasonable and you get yourself a coke thermal container.

I would suggest you save yourself the bother of doing all that and just buy the coke package once you are on board. You get all you can drind, price is reasonable and you get yourself a coke thermal container.

What you consider reasonable, others consider highway robbery. For the price of one day on the soda package I can buy just about enough of my preferred brand of soda to last me and my wife for an entire cruise. Right now, 24 cans costs about $5-6 dollars, the soda package for one person for one day would be about $4.50. I consider that price difference well worth the hassle of bringing my own, especially since we're not fond of the flavor choices on the ships.

What you consider reasonable, others consider highway robbery. For the price of one day on the soda package I can buy just about enough of my preferred brand of soda to last me and my wife for an entire cruise. Right now, 24 cans costs about $5-6 dollars, the soda package for one person for one day would be about $4.50. I consider that price difference well worth the hassle of bringing my own, especially since we're not fond of the flavor choices on the ships.

Thats strange, my coke package worked out to $2.40 a day and I was not limited to 24 cans. With a little imagination that package can be good for two or more people. It's a win win, everyone has to make a buck and certainly not highway robbery. Small price to pay when you factor in the total trip costs.

Thats strange, my coke package worked out to $2.40 a day and I was not limited to 24 cans. With a little imagination that package can be good for two or more people. It's a win win, everyone has to make a buck and certainly not highway robbery. Small price to pay when you factor in the total trip costs.

The price per day including gratuity is $4.89/PP. If you are swapping/exchanging/sharing cards, that is called stealing.

Thank you

I don't think Princess intends a soda sticker to be used by more than the named passenger on the card. I think it is this kind of behavior that has lead to the cost of the soda program going up regularly....just my opinion...

Thank you

The price per day including gratuity is $4.89/PP. If you are swapping/exchanging/sharing cards, that is called stealing.

Thank You

We were on the Emerald last week and brought onboard a case of bottled water (purchased near the pier at CVS for $3) and a case of beer in cans (also purchased at CVS). We kept the beer and water in it's packaging and put inside an extra suitcase and checked it in with or regular luggage - no problems at all. (could also put in a duffle bag) We stored in the in-room fridge.

We purchased 2 of the upgraded drink cards for our daughters @ $72 each,

and used those insulated cups to hold the water/beer. (Our daughters did not want to walk around with the cups so we took them).

While we were at the pool we would simply ask the bartender for a empty bucket and ice (that they sell as a bucket of 5 beers) and then put our own beer or bottled water in it to keep it cold during the day and kept it under our lounge chair. We did not feel guilty as we had purchased $150 worth of drink cards! And, at least 4-6 times we ordered beer while at one of the shows. We only drank the beer by the pool but did bring the water off the ship on excursions.

Enjoy!

Yes, duct tape together and slap on a luggage tag. We do this and it shows up in our room with the luggage. Our room steward said he preferred Pepsi as well and we offered him any we did not use. He accepted.

I was asked by many where I had found the Pepsi.

Archived