RCCL - Belize excursions for first-time cruisers

familytravelcanada

We will be on the Independance of the Seas with RCCL and I see two different snorkeling excursions in Belize. What's the difference? Any advice on what would be best with 9, 12 and 15 yr-old? 12-yr-old daughter is quite keen on the beach thing, 9 yr-old would be happy to just play in the sand, while 15-yr-old wants a bit more "action" (likes to be busy!).

Excursions are:

Reef Rocket Barrier Reef Snorkel at Rendezvous Caye

Barrier Reef Snorkel and Beach at Turneffe Atoll

Thanks!

We are also looking at this excursion: Altun Ha and The Olde Belize River Tour - any comments?

I snuba'd in Belize - it was great. They also had a snorkel excursion that went with us. The boat tied to our ship and we got on it and had a blast. My friends took the snorkel package and were with us on the boat. The boat drove to an island and you had to jump in and swim to the island. Some of the people just stayed on the island and sunned. Said the water was too cold but I think it was because it was so hot on the boat that when they jumped in it felt cold but believe me 2 minutes in and it was warm.

Archived