What did you pay for the water taxi from Jalousie back to ship?

burm

I am not sure if it is reasonable or not, but that is the amount I was quoted by Frank (Frank's Taxi) for an upcoming trip in May. We are zip lining and then going to Jalousie. There are 3 of us (myself, daughter and her BF) and since I am paying for all of us, I decided we would skip the water taxi back since the rest of the day is going to be costly. However, I read somewhere recently that Jalousie is now charging $50pp for an entrance fee?? I haven't contacted Frank yet to confirm this, but if it is true, I really don't know what we will end up doing. How are you getting to Jalousie?

I am not sure if it is reasonable or not, but that is the amount I was quoted by Frank (Frank's Taxi) for an upcoming trip in May. We are zip lining and then going to Jalousie. There are 3 of us (myself, daughter and her BF) and since I am paying for all of us, I decided we would skip the water taxi back since the rest of the day is going to be costly. However, I read somewhere recently that Jalousie is now charging $50pp for an entrance fee?? I haven't contacted Frank yet to confirm this, but if it is true, I really don't know what we will end up doing. How are you getting to Jalousie?

We will be touring with Spencer. The following is from his email:

"the tour is about 6 hours in all and will cost $65.00 US per person inclusive of the entry fee to the sites which will amount to $10.00 per person which I will be handling."

We will be touring with Spencer. The following is from his email:

"the tour is about 6 hours in all and will cost $65.00 US per person inclusive of the entry fee to the sites which will amount to $10.00 per person which I will be handling."

Did you also book the water taxi from Jealousie to ship? If so, how much is it? 65.00 includig the water taxi from the shore to Jealousie Island? How much is this part? If you don't mind, please let us know. we are thinking to book with spencer. thanks

Did you also book the water taxi from Jealousie to ship? If so, how much is it? 65.00 includig the water taxi from the shore to Jealousie Island? How much is this part? If you don't mind, please let us know. we are thinking to book with spencer. thanks

The cost of Spencer's tour is $65 pp, including entry fees to sites but the water taxi will cost $120 extra for the 4 of us. (Or $120 for only 2 persons as well). Spencer says he will stay with us all the time we are at Jalousie, see that we make it safely to the water taxi, then will communicate with the taxi driver via radio to ensure that we make it safetly back to the ship. That was the clincher for us, so we have booked.

I guess Spencer knows a guy with a boat to take you, as I couldn't find any sort of public water taxi. I assume your ship will be in Castries? We did a cat cruise to the Pitons and it took us about an hour and a half (motoring) to get to Soufriere, which isn't as far as Jalousie. (4 hour trip with half hour snorkel and short cruise into Marigot Bay) So depending on the size/speed of your boat, do expect to be on the water for about that time to get back on the ship. Hopefully it's not one of those little wooden boats they use as the water taxi from Soufriere to Jalousie, as I think that wouldn't be very comfortable and could take a long time. We passed several of these types of boats. Just be sure to leave the beach in plenty of time. Going by water won't save you time I think, but it is a pretty view of the island from the water.

I guess Spencer knows a guy with a boat to take you, as I couldn't find any sort of public water taxi. I assume your ship will be in Castries? We did a cat cruise to the Pitons and it took us about an hour and a half (motoring) to get to Soufriere, which isn't as far as Jalousie. (4 hour trip with half hour snorkel and short cruise into Marigot Bay) So depending on the size/speed of your boat, do expect to be on the water for about that time to get back on the ship. Hopefully it's not one of those little wooden boats they use as the water taxi from Soufriere to Jalousie, as I think that wouldn't be very comfortable and could take a long time. We passed several of these types of boats. Just be sure to leave the beach in plenty of time. Going by water won't save you time I think, but it is a pretty view of the island from the water.

Got you. We'll contact Spencer then.

I've been in contact with Spencer over the past couple of days concerning the water taxi. He quoted me $30 per person for 5 of us. He said the drive back to the pier would be 1.5 hours and the water taxi would be 30 -40 minutes.

I too was told that the water taxi from Jalousie would give approx 45 extra minutes at the beach.

Archived