Has anyone ever arranged with a local to do Swim with Turtles while they are in port?

gam888

All the tour operators charge around $60 for a 3 hour catamaran swim with turtles excursion. Have read from the board some folks managed to take a taxi tour around the island and the taxi driver hooked them up with a local guy to take them out on a swim with turtle excursion for a reasonable rate. If I don't want to go on a island tour with a taxi, but simply want to swim with turtles, is there anyway I can hook up with a local guide who will take us out? Has anyone tried this? I know I have to keep the safety factor in mind as well. Are the locals friendly in Barbados? Every island is different! Are there any vendors at the dock advertising to take people out for the swim with turtles excursion? Thanks.

Barbados is one of the friendliest islands but as with anywhere normal security considerations apply, there are turtles off the beach at Paynes bay & at Accra too, if you are lucky you can swim out but who knows with ''de hannimals'' Most taxi drivers are honest & decent but some can be prone to quoting in BDS$ but then saying ''NOOO MAAN it was US!!'' therefore getting twice as much as 1xUS$ = 2x BDS$

Archived