How early to book?

trctjs

This is going to be our 2nd cruise....the first we booked about 6 months before we cruised. This time we know we want to go in summer of 2011.

Should we book now with the early saver rates....knowing that we will lose $50 pp if we need to change anything....or should we wait?

Of course our PVP says we should book asap to ensure the greatest rates. But summer 2011 prices are quite a bit higher right now than 2010 prices.

So....what to do? :confused:

The deposit will be the same no matter the cost of the cruise. You just need to decide if you want ES or not. If you book now without ES you'll still get any rate reductions on your cabin category until final payment. Of course ES is two business days before sailing.

So if you know you want to go now I say book it. You'll get the rate locked in so at least you know you won't be paying more and plenty of cabins to choose from.

We'd rather go this year of course! I'd go tomorrow! ;)

but.... it's for our 10 year anniv. which is 2011...and our friends are doing an all inclusive in Mexico in a couple weeks and we are taking our kids to Disney this year.....

so we have to wait until next year. :(

You can book now, with Early Saver understanding it's Restrictions and get Price Drops up until 2 business days before sailaway,

or

You can book at the best rate (FunSelect, Past guest, 55+, Resident, Military) that you can find now, and up to Final Payment Deadline, 60+ days before Sailaway, be able to get Price Drops in the Rate you booked, or switch to any of the Rates (Past guest, 55+, Resident, Military) that you are eligible for, if they have a better rate.

ken

Can I jump in real quick and ask a question about early booking? This is my first time booking a cruise. Does Early Saver include choosing your own room, or does that fall under the higher price listing of which I can't remember what they called it now. We were on the Glory last year (organized by someone else) and I really got an idea about where I would like to have a cabin on the next cruise we are thinking about taking Feb 2011. Reading the different price listing and knowing what all the rules were was becoming a bit confusing at times.

Thanks.

Can I jump in real quick and ask a question about early booking? This is my first time booking a cruise. Does Early Saver include choosing your own room, or does that fall under the higher price listing of which I can't remember what they called it now. We were on the Glory last year (organized by someone else) and I really got an idea about where I would like to have a cabin on the next cruise we are thinking about taking Feb 2011. Reading the different price listing and knowing what all the rules were was becoming a bit confusing at times.

Thanks.

You pick your cabin with Early Saver.

Thanks.

we always book the ES rate about a year out, we are gtd the lowest rate. we also call our PVP to get the room we want on the deck we want and have never had any real problems, that way we know what room, when we are going and how long it will last the only thing left to do is watch for price drops and pay it off a few days before we have to but at least the booking is locked in, we like the aft wraps and they are hard to get sometimes, hope this helps:D:D

Archived