Port Canaveral and priceline

diverdon48371

I am new to the boards and never tried priceline before. I have read several post of using priceline to get a hotel at Cape Canaveral. I have the following questions.

1) Has anyone used price line and selected Cape Canaveral and been given a hotel other than the Radisson, Country Inn & Suites or Residence Inn?

2) I would like to use the park and cruise. I know all three hotels offer the park and cruise. If I get one of the hotels will they let you leave your car?

3) I will be on the Dream March 13th, any idea of what would be a good starting point on priceline?

4) Currently we have a reservation at the Comfort Inn, any comments on the hotel and how their shuttle works would be appreciated.

Thank You

I am new to the boards and never tried priceline before. I have read several post of using priceline to get a hotel at Cape Canaveral. I have the following questions.

1) Has anyone used price line and selected Cape Canaveral and been given a hotel other than the Radisson, Country Inn & Suites or Residence Inn?

I don't know the answer to this one. These are the only hotels I ever hear of anyone getting.

2) I would like to use the park and cruise. I know all three hotels offer the park and cruise. If I get one of the hotels will they let you leave your car?

We used priceline and "won" CI&S, when we arrived at the hotel I asked about leaving the car there and they told me it would be an additiona $20 for the week and that included shuttle service to and from the ship.

3) I will be on the Dream March 13th, any idea of what would be a good starting point on priceline?

We were there in Jan. of this year and my winning bid was $48.

4) Currently we have a reservation at the Comfort Inn, any comments on the hotel and how their shuttle works would be appreciated.

I don't know about the Comfort Inn but I have to say the CI&S is a great place to stay. They have a really good free breakfast that includes make your own waffles. The shuttle service is awsome, they run on time and the drivers are very friendly and helpful.

Thank You

Hope this info helps. Have a great cruise.

I "won" the CI& S for this June with a bid of $50 (plus tax). When I called the hotel directly the next day to see what type of room we would have, I also asked about any additional charges for the "park and ride" shuttle over to the pier. The desk clerk indicated there was no extra fee involved which is different from what I'm reading here now. I guess we'll see when we check in. We've stayed at the CI& S in '08 and it is very nice and convenient to the port.

A couple of weeks ago, I also won the CI&S for $50 + taxes for a night in May. I believe they did say there is a $20 fee to leave our car parked there and take the shuttle. A great deal - in my opinion - for a nice hotel with a full breakfast and close to the ships. :)

I won CI&S for our April pre-cruise stay for $53/night. When I called the hotel, I was also told $20 to park and shuttle (great price considering the deal I got on the hotel).

I had previously booked the Radisson (directly on the hotel website), but had called hotel and was told that I could use the park & ride without purchasing that package deal online.

When I was working on Priceline, when you first go in to look at prices it only shows those 3 hotels for the CAPE CANAVERAL specific area. If you click any of the surrounding areas your options increase. But I've never heard of anyone getting anything other than those 3 from Priceline.

Good luck!!

Archived