Questions for anyone who sailed on Crown recently

SF

Would like to know if someone can post a link to recent Crown Princess Patters and/or post what the theme in the dining room was for each day.

We were on the Crown from 13th Feb to 20th Feb and absolutely loved it and enjoyed doing a live feed with video. I have brought all the Princess patters home if you have any specific questions. As for dining room themes, I can help a bit.

Sat - Horizon court had lobster claws and a seafood buffet but we ate in the MDR for a welcome dinner. We had dinner in Michelangelo restaurant and I had lobster and seafood pate, mushroom soup, slow roasted beef and banana flambee for dessert. We both thought that we would probably skip the soup next time bearing in mind the size of the main courses. I had mine rare and Rob medium and I was dubious how they would manage it with slow cooked beef but they were both perfect.

Sun - Ist formal night I had scallop and crab salad, Rob had asparagus with bacon and tomato and a hollandaise sauce and then we both had Beef Wellington (Rob had his medium and I had medium rare and again they were cooked to perfection). Rob's Valentine cake made a perfect end to the meal (he decorated it in a competition earlier in the day!).

Mon - Italian night - although we had the chef's table instead which I highly recommend and is worth every penny

Tue - Caribbean night - Jerk chicken seemed a popular choice but I had a prawn and seafood stew with tomato and saffron served with garlic bread and it was delicious - Rob had cod with chirozo, portebello mushrooms, bacon and tomatoes.

Wed - Chef's dinner (this night includes a sorbet) Sorry I can't remember the details I think I had scallops and Rob had cod.

Thur - second formal night - We both had the smoked duck salad, chicken and wonton soup then I ordered the lobster and prawns and Rob the filet mignon. There was a mix up and they brought two lobster so they said to Rob don't worry we will get your filet mignon, have some lobster while you are waiting and less than three minutes later we had 3 meals on the table! Rob gave me his lobster and prawns (I love it) and we both enjoyed a fabulous meal.

Fri - French night ( we ate at Sabitini's so I can't tell you about the MDR)

Hope this helps!

Can anyone tell me who the Piano Bar man was on your recent Crown trip? And how was he? Wash he a fun sing a long type player or just sit and listen to?

The pianist in Adagio was definitely a sit and listen to pianist, there was no "knees up Mother Brown". It was not the same pianist every night either. We heard Bert Stratton but there was also Ludovic in Adagio, the name of the pianist is always in the Princess Patter.

I'm not sure of the style of pianists elsewhere. Josef Sobolewski played in Crooners. In Explorer's Lounge Bert Stratton did a caberet showtime (singing and playing) Needless to say that I'm getting the information from the Princess Patters!

Well, guess who the pianist was who showed up at Crooners on the Crown?

Bert Stratton!!!

He just got on the ship the week of 2/13. He didn't appear to be the hit that he was on the CB. How's that for demographics in action!

Archived