Deluxe Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party Anyone ever done this?

ashnac

I dont understand why they do not tell what beach they take you to. Is it just me or wouldnt you like to know. I would like to be able to do a little research on it.

So my question is has anyone ever done this excursion through Carnival and if so, is it nice and what beach does it go to?

Deluxe Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party

What better way to enjoy the beautiful island of Cozumel from both land and sea aboard a 65-ft. ocean catamaran.

On this excursion you will:

• Sail off the coast of the island and snorkel the area’s pristine waters.
  • Swim among fantastic and colorful fish.
  • After snorkeling, enjoy complimentary beer, margaritas or sodas.
  • Make your way to one of the island’s beautiful beaches.
  • Have access to beach volleyball, sea kayaks and beach floats, all included.
  • Return to the ship after your beach party.

Note: Minimum age is 3 years old to participate on this excursion. Minimum age to Snorkel is 8 years. Remember to bring a towel and sunscreen.

What better way to enjoy the beautiful island of Cozumel from both land and sea aboard a 65-ft. ocean catamaran.

On this excursion you will:

• Sail off the coast of the island and snorkel the area’s pristine waters.
  • Swim among fantastic and colorful fish.
  • After snorkeling, enjoy complimentary beer, margaritas or sodas.
  • Make your way to one of the island’s beautiful beaches.
  • Have access to beach volleyball, sea kayaks and beach floats, all included.
  • Return to the ship after your beach party.

Thanks so much in advance for the help

I dont understand why they do not tell what beach they take you to. Is it just me or wouldnt you like to know. I would like to be able to do a little research on it.

So my question is has anyone ever done this excursion through Carnival and if so, is it nice and what beach does it go to?

DW and I did this in December when we were on the Legend and had a great time. The company has a private beach, past Mr. Sanchos. We sailed on a catamaran down the coast and made two snorkeling stops, then went to the beach.

Beach time was about 1 hour. They had toys in the water, plus rafts and kayaks. On the beach were loungers, hammacks and a few covered beds. They had complimentary beer and margaritas after snorkeling and on the beach, burgers were sold for $9 on the beach.

After the beach we sailed back to pier, again open bar and line dancing on the way back.

Here are some pictures of snorkeling and the beach. Hope this helps.

089.jpg.dea2f67afe5fbfd49bcc52dbf1388f10.jpg

105.jpg.430b3f84bb7e468cea97b33b11cf1a8b.jpg

461526261_Coz18.jpg.2b467c5a16477a7f2cc9e11a2ee4d77a.jpg

1655252657_Coz25.jpg.ad6cf84a0bd53c6eae09c101435f2dba.jpg

this is a great excursion and we have done it several times. They will take you snorkling to 2 different sites. We saw all type of fish, even a turtle! Then they will begin serving the refreshments ( beer, margaritas, bottled water and chips and salsa. They take you a private beach, where you can play volleyball, swim, kayak and swim out to a blow up raft they have. They even have horses for you to ride on but they are not included in the price of the catamaran, therefore you have to pay extra. :)

Its a very relaxing ride back to the ship with music and dancing. The staff has always been very courteous and always smiling.

• 1 month later...

How long does this excursion last? The website says it is 3.5 hours from 9am-12:30pm, but the boat is docked from 8am-4pm. What do we do with the extra time? We are 1st time cruisers and are looking to do shore excursions that include snorkeling.

progress.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

WOW! Fantastic pictures! Thank you sooo much!! This is exactly what I was looking for ~ I love to snorkel and want to see some pretty fish and DH has never snorkeled so I want it to be a good experience for him! Looks perfect! Thank you! :)

thanks for all the info...this looks perfect for us! one question..anyone have an idea of the cost & duration of the horse/donkey ride?

I read in one of the reviews (which is where I originally learned about this excursion) that the horse rides are (obviously) optional and range between $6 and $9 per person.

I read in one of the reviews (which is where I originally learned about this excursion) that the horse rides are (obviously) optional and range between $6 and $9 per person.

thanks for the super fast reply :)

that's perfect for my animal loving teen!!! a mini ride without the $$$ price or soreness. i considered the 4 hr horseback for $90 but that seemed like an awful long time to be in jeans on a horse in Sept. plus my other daughter wouldn't have appreciated "wasting" the day riding a horse. now everyone will be happy...yay! i used to say if mom's not happy nobodys happy. that doesn't really apply to teenagers, if they aren't having fun...i won't LOL

one more week....:D

You're welcome! You will have to return and give us a full report on what you thought of the snorkeling. I'd also be interested in knowing if there is enough time to do this excursion and then go into town for some drinks at Carlos n' Charlies... something hubby would enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know how many people they allow on the catamaran- does it feel overly crowded and cramped?

not sure on the number but we were some of the last people to load and were able to snag a seat on the lower level. i didn't feel crowded and the line for drinks never got too bad

I too am very interested in knowing if there would be time to go out afterwards, maybe to Carlos & Charlies or just shopping in general!

First time cruiser, and Im just trying to do my "homework" lol :)

absolutely...we were back at the port around lunch time. ate at ponchos (wouldn't recommend) and was able to do some shopping & beat most of the passengers back to the ship. we were in our cabin for 3:30

HIGHLY recommend this tour, we had a blast! oh, and for anyone else who's wondering the horseback riding was $1 a minute. you could ride for 5 or 30 min

We did this trip 2 years ago when we sailed into Cozumel on the Holiday. One of the better snorkeling trips I've taken on a cruise excursion.

The catamaran was huge, a lot bigger than the ones I've been on in the Bahamas and in Cabo San Lucas. There were 2 levels, you could sit up top with the sail or you could sit below where the bar was. They only took us to one snorkel stop though and then the bar opened up after that, on the way to the beach. We never once had to get up to get drinks, the staff took our orders and brought them to us. We nicknamed our guy "Jack Sparrow" because he looked exactly like a Mexican Jack Sparrow. The beach was pretty fun, lots of water toys. The burgers were expensive and not all that. I found that on this excursion, unlike others I've been on, the margaritas actually have booze in them whereas the other trips were pretty watered down.

They take your pictures a lot on this trip with the intention to sell them to you on the way back to the pier. Once when you are getting on the catamaran, again when you are snorkeling (the guide carries food or something in his pockets to lure the fish to you so he can get underwater pictures of you with the fish), and again when you get to the beach.

We had a ball, and are planning on doing this trip again when we arrive on the Triumph in January!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Would you feel safe leaving your belongings on this ship as you snorkel?

DW and I have done this twice. Yes, she has left small clutch on the boat while we snorkel, but we usually don't take anything too valuable into ports.

Archived