Jalousie

luvslabdogs

We are doing a day pass to Jalousie. Have done the volcano, gardens, tour of the island, etc. so just want a day on a beautiful beach. I think the taxi ride is about an hour to hour and a half from port. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone done this before? Want to leave plenty of time to get back to the ship. Also per the hotel, there is no water taxi from the hotel to the cruise pier but I understand you can get a water taxi from Soufiere? The water taxi from Jalousie that people talk about is usually part of a Cosol tour - not a regularly scheduled boat. Anyone taken a water taxi that is not part of a tour group?

i'd recommend arranging a ride with a driver ahead of time and making sure they have access to take you into the resort and beach area. As I understand it while the beaches are public the resort itself is not. While they have to allow access it is via a long road through the property that you'll have to walk if the taxi driver doesn't have access. Some drivers have arrangements with the resort and can drive guests in and some do not. Now I've never taking a trip just there but this is what I've gathered from researching this in the past.

Archived