Equinox 3/19/2010 Rum Factory

Virgin Atlantic

Hi,

My wife and I are new to the cruise world, the only cruise we have encountered was on Carnival Sensation on a 4 night break last year, the question I would like to ask is, we are booked to go on trip around a brewery and a rum factory, we have booked through Celebrity themselves, I have read on several occations on Cruise Critic that no alcohol can be taken on board the ship, but surely having been on an organised trip booked through the company that you would be able to purchase the rum that you have tried on your visit to take home to blighty.

:rolleyes:

Hi,

My wife and I are new to the cruise world, the only cruise we have encountered was on Carnival Sensation on a 4 night break last year, the question I would like to ask is, we are booked to go on trip around a brewery and a rum factory, we have booked through Celebrity themselves, I have read on several occations on Cruise Critic that no alcohol can be taken on board the ship, but surely having been on an organised trip booked through the company that you would be able to purchase the rum that you have tried on your visit to take home to blighty.

:rolleyes:

You can bring alcohol purchased at the ports onboard, but Celebrity keeps it until the last night of the cruise when it will be returned to you.

Terri

I've cruised over 16 times on 5 different cruiselines....Only once was I questioned about what I brought from the port while coming on the ship. Just go through all the checks and hit the elevator...piece of cake...

Archived