Early Saver- Penalty if I book as solo and add a name later?

JimCo

Just curious if anyone could answer my question:

If I book an Early Saver as a solo and then decide to add a 2nd guest to my room later, would I only pay the $50 penalty (plus the difference between a single and double room of course) or does it get worse?

On my last Carnival cruise my friend made a name change to her cabin and it cost her $250!!

My son went with us solo in december on the Valor and they banged him exactly double what we paid. I don't think the singles are treated fairly at all. I don't know about the penalty but there should be none!The new NCL Epic is going to have quite a few cabins just for singles.That might be an option.

My son went with us solo in december on the Valor and they banged him exactly double what we paid. I don't think the singles are treated fairly at all. I don't know about the penalty but there should be none!The new NCL Epic is going to have quite a few cabins just for singles.That might be an option.

But have you priced those cabins...I can get Carnival 2 1As for the price of one of those New Singles cabins on NCL

Just curious if anyone could answer my question:

If I book an Early Saver as a solo and then decide to add a 2nd guest to my room later, would I only pay the $50 penalty (plus the difference between a single and double room of course) or does it get worse?

On my last Carnival cruise my friend made a name change to her cabin and it cost her $250!!

It didnt cost her $250 penalty ... it cost her to cancel and rebook because ES terms say NO NAME CHANGES. Maybe your friend missed this in the fine print... It is important to read the rules.

If you add someone later, they would probably pay the current rate, whatever that was, no one can tell you now the cost, as it depends on when they are added, time frame wise and other variables such as pricing went up etc.

Archived