2 sea days

September 2010

Port of Call-

San Juan 5-11:59pm

St. Thomas 7am-6pm

Antigua 7am-6pm

Tortola 7am-3:30pm

Nassau, Bahamas 12-7pm

What are the first things you should do when steping on board a carnival cruise?

We want to board the ship the earliest we can. What would be the appropriate time to arrive at the dock?

Does anybody have capers from a recent board on the Carnival Freedom?

Are the BINGO games free on board?

Is Parasailing a popular shore excursion for St. Thomas?

Is the Virgin Gorda a popular shore excursion for Tortola?

What are the best things to do in the ports of call, shore excursions and other?

Do many young couples in their 20's cruise?

In your opinion, what is the best bar to visit on the freedom?

What are all the shows on the freedom and which are the best to see?

Is it hard to get a dining room table for 2 next to the window for the late dining?

Do they still do the chocolate buffet?

I know this is a lot of questions but any other help is appreciated! Thank you-Aly

We arrive shortly after 10:30 and like to check in around 11 am.

The first thing we do, is head to the buffet, put our carry ons in a pile for one person to watch and the other fills plates. you cant get to your cabin until 1:30 pm.

some rather get a drink, we eat lunch, up to you. You will have to manage your carry ons and kill some time, so to us we want to eat lunch.

bingo is like $10 a card or three cards for $25. cowboy bingo is half price. It is anything but free, sorry on that one.

Iv been seeing the chocolate buffet the last sea day at lunch, but its easy to miss, so much going on at the same time.

The farewell party is usually the last sea day at 5 pm, so you might be juggling trying not to eat too much chocolate to enjoy the party later.

Carnival Freedom 8 day eastern

2 sea days

September 2010

Port of Call-

St. Thomas 7am-6pm

Antigua 7am-6pm

Nassau, Bahamas 12-7pm

What are the first things you should do when steping on board a carnival cruise?

We want to board the ship the earliest we can. What would be the appropriate time to arrive at the dock?

I know this is a lot of questions but any other help is appreciated! Thank you-Aly

We have not been on specific ship....but we have arrived at the pier as early as 10:30AM.....As soon as we arrive we go to the pursor's desk to get a few maps....and then we slowly walk around the ship.....just to adjust to the layout....we make our way to the Lido deck....one of us sits and watches the carry-ons while the other checks out the different stations.....

As soon as 1:30 comes around....we go to our cabin....

:cool:

Make sure you get a weight to wind ratio before you parasail!!

Oh the story i would tell you....1/2 hour later, i was still floating above the ocean wondering if i was going to ever get back down or if i should just unstrap myself & hope for the best:eek:

all in all it was great!!! but next time.....I'll be on the beach with my feet on the ground!

2 sea days

September 2010

Port of Call-

St. Thomas 7am-6pm

Antigua 7am-6pm

Nassau, Bahamas 12-7pm

Is the Virgin Gorda a popular shore excursion for Tortola?

What are the best things to do in the ports of call, shore excursions and other?

Is it hard to get a dining room table for 2 next to the window for the late dining?

I always carry on my luggage first thing I do it put it in the cabin. My last cruise Dec 09 I was among the first 100 who boarded so I was on the ship early and had no problem putting my luggage in the closet.

Then I go to the Liddo deck for lunch.

If you want to go to the steak house I would book that a soon as you board so you can get the night and time you want.

There are people of all ages I am sure you will find couples in your age group.

We arrive early- Head to the buffet for lunch since the cabin wont be ready until 1-1:30

We want to board the ship the earliest we can. What would be the appropriate time to arrive at the dock? 11am

Although you can view capers from recent sailings doesnt mean that will be happening on your ship. CDs are on vacation and "stuff" can change. The only thing that you can count on is the night broadway type shows.

no, bingo is a big revenue for cruise ships. Expect to pay at least 10 bucks for one card, one game. They spend more time selling the cards then the actual game itself. Bingo is always held before shows. Get there early for a good seat. You dont have to play to sit.

What are the best things to do in the ports of call, shore excursions and other? check the port of calls boards for lots of wonderful information

Ticket to Ride

Is it hard to get a dining room table for 2 next to the window for the late dining? Window tables hold 8-10 people. But the curtains will be closed since it will be dark out-- you cant see anything anyways.

Do they still do the chocolate buffet? If you are talking the fancy choc buffet at midnight- no. Choc buffet is now on the last sea day at lunch time at the buffet area.

answers are in red.

Please note the cabins are not secured until the posted time. SO leaving stuff in your cabin early is something I woudnt do.

Port of Call-

San Juan 5-11:59pm You can walk around by yourself and then hit Senor Frogs

St. Thomas 7am-6pm We always go to Coral beach in St Thomas. The snorkeling is fantastic, bring some dog bisquits the fish love em and you will be swarmed!

Tortola 7am-3:30pm We did the baths and it was very nice

Nassau, Bahamas 12-7pm Atlantis is beautiful but quite pricey. This year we are doing the wyndham hotel 40 package. It includes use of there hotel, beach and lunch buffet

Here are some excursions for you to think about :)

Once you get on board go to the dining room and talk to the maitre'd about your dining table. You can see a map of all the tables and sizes and be able to pick out an available table that is to your liking. Second seating is easier to get than first. As a previous poster said, you won't be able to get near the window, but at least you might get your table for two. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

2 sea days

September 2010

Port of Call-

St. Thomas 7am-6pm

Antigua 7am-6pm

Nassau, Bahamas 12-7pm

What are the first things you should do when steping on board a carnival cruise? Eat, drink, hang by the pool.

We want to board the ship the earliest we can. What would be the appropriate time to arrive at the dock? We generally don't get to the pier until the insanity is over...can't help you here!

Are the BINGO games free on board? Nope, Bingo is a big money maker for the cruise line.

Is Parasailing a popular shore excursion for St. Thomas? If you're interested in parasailing then do it! I will always shop in Charlotte Amalie in the morning ... great prices on fine jewelry (Cardow Jewelers), crystal, liquor & perfume. Then in the afternoon head to Sapphire Beach.

Is the Virgin Gorda a popular shore excursion for Tortola? You shouldn't miss the Baths at Virgin Gorda. It's got to be one of the most breathtaking beaches in the world.

What are the best things to do in the ports of call, shore excursions and other? If you're a foodie...go have dinner at the Parrot Club in San Juan. They open at 6PM & the food, and the martini's :D, are excellent. The calamari appetizer is fabulous. Walk among the street vendors...artisans & craftsmen...their work is wonderful.

Do many young couples in their 20's cruise? A fair amount, yes.

Responses in red. Enjoy your cruise!

Great itinerary!We usually shop,find a Bushwacker, and end the day at Liquid Sunshine in St Thomas.

Antigua, hands down,Jolly Beach...it is not the crowded,built up part,but it is beautiful,take a taxi.

Cant tell you about San Juan, our ship couldnt dock, and Nassau,we usually just stay on board.

Whatever you do, Im sure you will have a great time

Congratulations on booking your first cruise! We're all really excited for you. Can't tell you any specifics about your ship as I've never sailed her specifically. But one thing that was really helpful when I was new was reading the "member reviews" for my specific ship here on Cruise Critic. They're a blast to read and full of a lot of useful information. They really do a great job of bringing you up-to-speed. Also, when you have the time, I would recommend using the "Advanced Search" feature to search for threads with "Freedom" in the title to help you find specific posts/threads about your specific ship. That's another awesome tool that I think you'll find really helpful. If you need any help with that just yell. Everyone here is always eager to help. Congratulations again!

We usually go to the lido deck to have lunch, you can't get into your room until after 1pm. Most people get to the dock around 12noon. They won't let you board until most of the cleaning and set up are done.

Wow, thanks guys. These are all great answers. I hope I'm not getting too annoying with these questions! But I have another one. I've heard of these "secret decks" that you can go on, where could I find them? And any other information is always welcomed! -Aly

Wow, thanks guys. These are all great answers. I hope I'm not getting too annoying with these questions! But I have another one. I've heard of these "secret decks" that you can go on, where could I find them? And any other information is always welcomed! -Aly

not sure if someone will answer this while I am typing but here goes - Not quite sure about your ship but on others it has been on the 5th, 6th and 7th deck. Access it by going to the very front of the ship - at either end of the little corridoor running across the front are doors with a port hole - go through these doors but be very careful as it is really windy as there is nothing to buffer it.

DH and I always get a drink first thing. A big huge daiquiri or something. Stroll around and take it all in. Stop by the dining room and check out where your table is. If you're not happy with your table, talk to the maitre d and see if you can change it (ask very politely!!!).

We got to the terminal just after 11 AM for our last cruise and were on board by noon.

No, and before you know it, you could be a lot poorer.

I'd say no, not really. We were 27 on our first cruise, and we felt pretty young. There were a few other young couples, most on their honeymoons. That was on RCI, not Carnival.

That will probably be tough. You may be able to get a table for 2, or a table by the window, but not likely a table for 2 by the window. Ask the maitre'd as soon as you get on board what is available.

Archived