Booked Mariner - 7692 Aft Junior Suite

masonpips

Yikes, this is so scary! We've done Disney 3 times and want to try something else. Will we be happy w/the aft balcony? From the research I've done, it looks huge!

We're on the 10/16 cruise which I know is also a group cruise. I ended up booking through a well-know online agency as they were offering a Target gift card + a Mastercard benefit - and there seem to be no other "deals" with RCCL out there due to what I'm seeing as a standard pricing thing.

Can't wait; need to figure out the countdown calendar next!

I have the same cabin booked for May 22nd. If ya want pictures or questions answered let me know and I can email or post them for you in June when i get back. We have been on 2 disney cruises and this will be our 5th RCCL cruise (but our first on the Mariner). We would have booked disney again but the magic will be in california during the summer months.. (we have been on several other lines but our 2 favorites are rccl and disney)

• 4 months later...
I have the same cabin booked for May 22nd. If ya want pictures or questions answered let me know and I can email or post them for you in June when i get back. We have been on 2 disney cruises and this will be our 5th RCCL cruise (but our first on the Mariner). We would have booked disney again but the magic will be in california during the summer months.. (we have been on several other lines but our 2 favorites are rccl and disney)

Just wondering if you are back yet with pictures? We would love to see them!:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You can't see straight dowm to the water. From deck 7 you will see a huge gray area on dek 6 I think but not sure. We had js on deck 10 and still could not see straight down. We were disappointed as that is what we like to do. We did enjoy the big balcony but would not do it again just for the balcony.

Glad to hear a little info on this. I was so excited to get an aft balcony again, I am not sure I want to try and move. We haven't had one since our very first cruise. I am just concerned about the steel beams I keep hearing about. I don't really worry about looking straight down into the water but I would hate for it to be hard to see anything. I then thought about upgrading to a Grand Suite but I just don't know if it is worth the money or not. (I know it is not aft)

The aft was so nice on our first cruise. It was quiet, wonderful views. It was on Carnival.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Glad to hear a little info on this. I was so excited to get an aft balcony again, I am not sure I want to try and move. We haven't had one since our very first cruise. I am just concerned about the steel beams I keep hearing about. I don't really worry about looking straight down into the water but I would hate for it to be hard to see anything. I then thought about upgrading to a Grand Suite but I just don't know if it is worth the money or not. (I know it is not aft)

The aft was so nice on our first cruise. It was quiet, wonderful views. It was on Carnival.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Archived