Freedom of the Seas - traveling with a TODDLER

LLOVIN

We will be on the Freedom of the Seas March 14th voyage with 2 small children. One of them is only 2 yrs old (not old enough to go into the kids club). What advice do you have for traveling with a small one? We still want to be able to relax while on board. Thanks!

I think a lot of relaxation may be limited with a 2 yr. old !! LOL

There is a daily program called Aquatots (about 45mins-1hr.) where the tots can play with Fischer-Price toys in one of the lounges. Child must be accompanied by an adult care-giver. There is a member of the kids program staff present. Also, you can borrow toys to use on your cruise.

Try posting on the family cruising board...lots of good ideas there from folks with experience cruising with little ones.

Hope you have a great cruise!

First of all, welcome to Cruise Critic. You might want to stop over on the Family Board here for more tailored info about cruising with children....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

You will be told many times on these boards that you toddler (unless potty trained) will not be allowed in the pools on Freedom of the Seas. Your child will be allowed in the Baby Splash Zone. It is this small area located in the H20 Zone.

124.jpg

125.jpg

He will also not be old enough for Adventure Ocean but you can join him at the Royal Tot play group -- an informal group onboard the ship, schedule below

IndyRoyalTotsBabies.jpg

In the main dining room he can eat off the adult menu or the Kids Menu

Menu09.jpg

If you have any specific questions, you can usually find me hanging around the family board. :D

Well just from my experience having a two year old son...I dont think you will "relax" because i know with a little one your always on gaurd but at least it will be a nice break from routine and you dont have to cook or clean;) My biggest advice would be bring plenty of things that will keep them entertained like crayons and coloring book or even a favorite movie and a portable dvd player. Also try to bring a comfort item from home like a favorite blanket or a stuffed animal to sleep with Im sure its strange for a little one to try to sleep in a completely different place and they will be so stimulated from all the new experience so just try to keep them relaxed so you can "relax". have fun! book yourself a massage and have your husband/wife watch the little ones for an hour

Something I forgot to add, Royal Caribbean offers in cabin babystting, you can go and book it on the first day and reserve times for the rest of the week. You book it at the Customer Relations desk. You pay cash for this service. I don't know the current prices. I think it was $16/hour.

Thank you all! You are right...it is very hard to relax when there is a two yr old involved! :) Thanks for the great ideas. We will definitely bring lots of activities for him. This is our first cruise, so we have no idea what to expect. And, thanks, Crusinmama06, for all the great info. Glad you posted the link...I was unable to find it on my own.

We are really looking forward to this!!!!

Archived