The World's Longest Carnival Freedom Pictorial Review! Feb. 13-21

Nicole721

Nicole, thanks for your great review! The link to part 8 says that page does not exist......but I really need to read it!!!! What to do?[/quote

Just use any link to get to her website. Once there, on the right hand, there is a list of the parts. Just click on the part you want and it opens up to the part you are looking for.

If you don't have a link, go back 6 or 7 posts and click on the link shown there to get you to Nicole's website.

Hope this helps.:)

Really enjoying your review. I started reading this on my break at work -big mistake! I coudn't stop reading it (that was a lonnnggg break).

Looking forward to the rest of the review as we are still undecided what to do for next March Break. Love the Legend itinerary but not sure about the smaller ship.

Ahhh I've been neglecting this thread. I'm sorry :( With the trip coming up (and four old friends coming to visit me literally the day after we get back and planning for that...check back for a blog about being a tourist in your own city when I get back from the Miracle!) and getting everything ready and work and such, I've been SO busy.

But things are getting a little lighter and I'm back!

The last of part 9 and all of part 10 is up! Enjoy! And thank you SO much for the comments, here and on the blog. It really means so much to know that as much time as I put into these, people are enjoying them and finding them helpful :)

Part 9.3:

http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2010/04/worlds-longest-freedom-review-part-93.html

Part 10:

http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2010/04/worlds-longest-freedom-review-part-10.html

Also, I've become unhealthily addicted to Tumblr, especially since it allows me to blog live from my phone. With us having an extended stay in NYC, I thought it would be fun to start a Tumblr so I can liveblog pics from NYC and some pics of the cruise while we're driving home :) If you have a Tumblr, you can follow me at http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.tumblr.com . If you don't have a Tumblr? You should! They're super fun! But you don't need to have a Tumblr to check out my pics if you'd like :)

hey nicole - i just saw that you're around, and while i admittedly have not read through the entire most recent cruise yet, i just wanted to say thanks for your very detailed review...

i understand how much work it is, and laud your effort :D

i've read one or two (:rolleyes: hehe) of the miracle ones and they're great. i'll catch up with this one when i have some time - but, kudos... :cool:

Thank you so much! Big fan of your reviews, as well! :)

Hi Nicole (again). A few more suggestions as to what to do in NYC. If you haven't been to Ellis Island before - I highly suggest it - especially if your ancestors came by way of NYC to America. (Mine did - from Italy). Anyway, when we went there it gave me such pride in my ancestry - and what a great country we live in. They sacrificed so much to get here. Also, I said tea at the Ritz but I meant the Plaza (I think). Also, you can always try to catch a few plays (can get l/2 price tickets right there in Times Square) we did. We also went to the Museum of Natural History (I think that's the name - right near Central Park - they filmed NIght at the Museum there - it's pretty neat. Taking a horse and buggy ride is always fun too. Well, that's all I can think of right now - I know you will have a great time - you all seem to do that quite nicely. What a fun group you are! Enjoy life - it really is too short!

Chris

Thank you for the excellent suggestions! Will jot them down! :)

We are seeing two shows...Hair and Promises Promises (I've been in lust with Ace Young since he was on Idol so even though we saw Hair last year, I was adamant we see it again :P). And I love Kristin Chenowith, so I'm really looking forward to Promises Promises!

I just had to second that tea at the Palm Court at the Plaza is wonderful. You might want to make a reservation, but it is truly an wonderful experience. Ellis Island is also very educational and entertaining and it's fun to walk around the Statue of Liberty. We also like walking around the Wall Street area...lots of history there. You can download walking tours and go on your own. The 9/11 Memorial is there too, which is interesting to walk through. If you like rock music, the play, Rock of Ages, is absolutely fantastic!! We got tix last year at TKS the day of the show. Mary Poppins is also wonderful! There is so much to do and see in NYC, you will have a wonderful time.

I enjoy reading all your reviews. We live in in Orlando, so it's nice to get a tourist's view of Disney! We just got off of the Emerald Princess on Sunday. I had read that your family also did a Princess cruise and we got such a good deal on our last minute spring break cruise that we could not pass it up. After trying Princess, NCL, HAL and Disney, I think we are partial to Carnival though. The food in the MDR cannot be beat by other lines!

Enjoy your Miracle cruise (we saw her docked last week in St. Martin and she looked beautiful). That is my all time favorite ship, although we are booked on the Freedom in June.

Thank you for the suggestions and kind words! Stephanie and I have actually been talking about how much we miss Orlando this past week. We're going to try to swing a Disney trip for Food and Wine fest this fall...just the two of us (if we can fit it in...two of my best friends are getting married this fall so things are a little busy).

Thanks for the latest installment Nicole. I just love all the food pics. I need to quit looking at these while at work before lunch!

Sounds like you got a crazy good deal for your next cruise. I'm very excited for you. Of course, we all know on here that once you return we will get another awesome review and more pics! Counting down our days until the Dream...May 1st can't come soon enough!

You're leaving tomorrow! Have a fantastic trip! I can't wait to get on the Dream...it sounds lovely :)

i am in love with your blog!!!! :) keep up the good work!

Thank you so much :)

Waiting for part 9 of the review. Hurry back Nicole!

Diane

Hope you enjoyed it :P

love youre blog

Thank you :D

Wow! Puerto Limon looks worse than Belize's port. But then it is primarily a working port not a crusiing port. The "prettier" side of Costa Rica is the Pacific side though. And your pictures are getting my monitor all rainy wet :D:D:eek:

Yeah, I'd say Belize was a bit "better" than Limon (though, admittedly, I haven't been to Belize in five years). A few of my friends have been to some gorgeous resorts in Costa Rica, so I'm sure like any other country, it has it's nicer areas, but as depressing as it is, I almost prefer seeing the more "real" areas. It gives me perspective.

looking forward to some more...Thanks for sharing!

So glad you've enjoyed it! Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

Sorry the review wasn't saved! Looking so forward to reading more.

Diane

I've learned my lesson. Safari quit on me while I was writing this the other day *and* Blogger didn't autosave, but I was a good girl and saved it into a Word document first.

Yeah. Big lesson learned there. Blogger is not to be trusted when it comes to the autosave ;)

Nicole! I miss your review! Haha...

I keep checking every morning to see if you've posted again! :p

Awww thank you! I hope you're enjoying it!

Hey Nicole! Too bad you booked for the wrong week on the Miracle.:D I'll be there the week before you, so I'll try to have our roll call keep the ship clean for you! I love your reviews, and have sent my sister the link to your Miracle reviews. We'll be sailing the new Aruba itinerary in October and it will be her first cruise. Interestingly enough, I did the same Freedom itinerary in October, so it's neat to see someone else's view of the cruise. Can't wait til you post some more!

Be sure to let us know how you like the Aruba itinerary...we're going to book one of those (don't know which one, but the only place Mom wants to visit more than St. Lucia is Aruba). Have a fantastic cruise! Maybe we'll pass by each other in the terminal...we are early arrivers :P

Just read your latest installment. I am not a person who likes to climb steps. I have to agree that the waterfall was not worth the climb for me!

Please tell me the mother with the milk had it in an insulated bag! Yuck, milk that has been out in 90 degree heat for 3 hrs! What was she thinking? Looking forward to your next installment!

Diane

No, she definitely did not. It was in her fanny pack. I was *disgusted*. In that heat and humidity? Yeah. I made sure to stay far far away from them.

Yay! I've been checking back regularly and am glad to see another installment. Love your reviews!

Andrea

Thanks, Andrea! :)

Latest installment is up! I just discovered it, don't have time to read right now, will read when I return from church. Thanks Nicole!

Diane

Hope you enjoyed it :) Thanks for keeping everyone here updated for me, Diane :)

If you're still looking for restaurant recommendations in New York, one of my favorite places is Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill. I had the absolutely best hamburger there. And the fries are to die for. Unfortunately, I didn't have room for dessert.

Living in Silver Spring, MD, we often take the Vamoose bus up to NYC for the day to see a Broadway show. Love the bargains at the Half Price Ticket Booth (TKTS) in Times Square. One of my little guilty pleasures is to buy a bag or two of roasted nuts from one of the street vendors.

I am *always* looking for restaurant recommendations :) Thank you (and if you or anyone else have more, keep sending 'em my way)!

Nicole, thanks for your great review! The link to part 8 says that page does not exist......but I really need to read it!!!! What to do?

Hmmm. I'll look into that :)

Thanks, that one worked! (But how come the other one didn't???)

Nicole, I love the way in part 8 in the pic of you before the soup amuse...you have a halo!!! You angel.

Haha I never even noticed that :P

Really enjoying your review. I started reading this on my break at work -big mistake! I coudn't stop reading it (that was a lonnnggg break).

Looking forward to the rest of the review as we are still undecided what to do for next March Break. Love the Legend itinerary but not sure about the smaller ship.

Awww thank you SO much!

Here's what I can tell you about the Legend- I've never been on the Legend, but I've been on it's sister ship the Pride and Miracle (manyyyy times on the Miracle, as evidenced in my sig LOL). The Miracle is my favorite ship that I've been on across Carnival and Princess. The layout is wonderful and though it's smaller, it works. It's the only ship I've never really felt crowded on (which is odd because it's one of the smallest I've been on).

Part 10 is up. Great pictures!

Thanks, Diane :)

Hi! I love the blog. I just found it, so I'm just starting to read. But, I love to take pictures too! Could you tell me what you're shooting with? Your shots look great!

Thank you!

I shoot with a Nikon D60. I barely know how to use it, so these are pretty much all shot on Auto. It's a beginner's DSLR and it makes it pretty easy on me :) I'm learning with it :P

I'm loving the new reviews! Makes me excited for my cruise next month :).

I'm so glad you've enjoyed them! :) Have a GREAT cruise!!!

Hey Nicole - I just checked out your photos on Tumblr - they're amazing! What software program are you using to edit?

You won't believe me when I tell you this, but I actually edited those in my iPhone through the CameraBag app. I've found I can download pictures from my Photobucket (via the app), edit them in CameraBag and then post them directly onto Tumblr. That app (and the Hipstamatic app, which might just be the most amazing photography app I've ever come across...it's INSANELY fun) are part of the reason I decided to do this Tumblr thing live from NYC. A whole new world of photography from my iPhone was just introduced to me and I'm absolutely obsessed with it!

Be sure to let us know how you like the Aruba itinerary...we're going to book one of those (don't know which one, but the only place Mom wants to visit more than St. Lucia is Aruba). Have a fantastic cruise! Maybe we'll pass by each other in the terminal...we are early arrivers :P

Nicole, when you check into an itinerary and cruise for Aruba, make sure Curacao is on the itinerary too. I'll bet your mom will like Curacao much more. It's one of my favorite ports. IMHO, Aruba is just ok.

As always, you do a great job and I read and love everything on your blog!:D

Nicole, when you check into an itinerary and cruise for Aruba, make sure Curacao is on the itinerary too. I'll bet your mom will like Curacao much more. It's one of my favorite ports. IMHO, Aruba is just ok.

As always, you do a great job and I read and love everything on your blog!:D

Will do! I'd really like to see Curacao, so I'm glad to hear it's a nice one! :)

And again, thank you so much for the kind words :)

I've been to both Aruba and Curacao, and I also prefer Curacao. It's been many years since I've been to either one, but if the Chobolobo Liqueur Factory in Curacao is still around and they're giving tours and tastings, you should go. It was great fun.

I've been to both Aruba and Curacao, and I also prefer Curacao. It's been many years since I've been to either one, but if the Chobolobo Liqueur Factory in Curacao is still around and they're giving tours and tastings, you should go. It was great fun.

They have booths right at the pier giving you samples.

Sounds right up my alley ;)

They have booths right at the pier giving you samples.

Excellent :p

Hello Nicole!

The CD schedule was posted on Friday and it looks like Felipe will be my CD. Based on your review...:mad:...Can you please tell me more about him?

Honestly, the CD doesn't make or break a cruise for me (personally), but I'm cruising with my 3 daughters and they absolutely LOVE it when the CD is good with kids and is real personable. I've taken them on 2 cruises so far - 1st one was Goose and he stunk, 2nd one was Steve Cassell and he was phenomenal with my girls!! My middle one even asked him to dance at the Captains Party and he danced with her on stage.:D

Although you didn't travel with kids, did you happen to notice if/how he interacted with kids?

Thanks & looking forward to the rest of your review (& the next one)!

Have a great time in NY and a great cruise!

Ashley :)

Archived