Recommended earliest flight - Port of GENOA - MSC Splendida

Tapi

Hello:

I'm considering the MSC Splendida out of the port of Genoa, and we're currently looking at return flights departing from either the Genoa Airport or Milan Airport.

Does anybody know the recommended earliest departure flight for either one of these airports? Out of Genoa, I can fly out as late as 1:30pm, but out if Milan the latest flight is around 11:00am. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

We sailed on the Splendida in November & loved it. This ship is in a class of it's own!

We didnt get off the ship till about 10am so a 1.30pm flight out of genoa would be about the earliest safest option. As for Milan I think the airport can be up to a couple of hours drive depending on traffic so 11am would be far to early & risky.

Others can probably give better information than I can, but there is no way you could make an 11 am flight out of Milan. As Jspqld mentioned, Milan is a couple of hours away. We went to Milan post cruise from Genoa on the train, and it was at least two hours.

I often get the 13.55 out of genoa home without any hassles. However there is absolutely no way, as others have said. that you could make an 11am out of Milan. It takes about 3 hours to get to malpensa if you are going by train and or bus and about the same for Bergamot. Linate may be possible in about 2.5 hours. Those times are form the time you physically board the train, not leave the ship.

You cannot count on being in the first group off the ship unless you have a EEC passport. They hold on to non EEC passports and don't return them until after local immigration officials have finished with them. On a cruise on the fantasia last May, they didn't start handing them out until just after 9.30am. depending on how you are planning to reach one of the Milan airports (there are 3). the earliest I'd recommend having a flight at would be around 17.00.

genoa is only a short taxi ride to the airport from the port say 20 minutes (allow 30 minutes for traffic or unforeseen hold ups). Bear in mind that you sometimes have to wait a while on a taxi - there is no queueing system for them - it is just a free for all outside the terminal.

My flight into Genoa from Paris was great on Air France, my return flt Alitaliia to Milan to Cnnect with Continental & on arrival in Genoa they just cancelled the flt with no explanation, put us on a bus & the bus would only drop us off at the Alitalia`s depature, naturally Continental is athe the opposite end, what a disaster.

My flight into Genoa from Paris was great on Air France, my return flt Alitaliia to Milan to Cnnect with Continental & on arrival in Genoa they just cancelled the flt with no explanation, put us on a bus & the bus would only drop us off at the Alitalia`s depature, naturally Continental is athe the opposite end, what a disaster.

have to agree that Alitalia is probably one to avoid - not the most relaible of airlines.

Archived