Pajama's in Serenity Area?{early A.M.}

TnMama

Not that it amounts to much but imo if someone wants to throw on a robe and be respectfully covered up and go relax in the early morning fresh air before the crowds and drink coffee read a book who cares. ENJOY. The only time I get bothered in public places in when I see too much skin.I mean if I want to see someone in a swimsuit I will go to the pool not a grocery store. If u want to run into a quick stop, 7 eleven to brag a coffee as long as I don't have to see someones beasts or butt cheek I don't care what u are wearing.being on a ship I think everyone has the right to be comfortable relax have fun as long as its all respectful for others I say go out in your robe and enjoy your coffee! I may lol

So let me be clear on this- sweat pants mean you have given up on life, but pajamas at the store don't? And yes, cranky kids at 7am can be a problem- it is certainly just this recent generation that has encountered it and resorted to falling out of bed into public to get diapers, etc.

So the breakdown of society continues- anything goes. No shared ideas of what is acceptable, if it isn't written down as a rule then it is ok. And the rules that are written down mostly seem to be a challenge to break them. I guess this is a reflection of what is happening to our society as a whole. And flame as you like, I do find it distressing and wonder where it will lead. Noplace very good I suspect.

But hey- it's your vacation. Anything goes.

TBut50---TT-YC???

Not that it amounts to much but imo if someone wants to throw on a robe and be respectfully covered up and go relax in the early morning fresh air before the crowds and drink coffee read a book who cares. ENJOY. The only time I get bothered in public places in when I see too much skin.I mean if I want to see someone in a swimsuit I will go to the pool not a grocery store. If u want to run into a quick stop, 7 eleven to brag a coffee as long as I don't have to see someones beasts or butt cheek I don't care what u are wearing.being on a ship I think everyone has the right to be comfortable relax have fun as long as its all respectful for others I say go out in your robe and enjoy your coffee! I may lol

I guess you will find out that there are many here that are really offended by seeing someone wearing a robe.

Robes and pjs are considered to be totally inappropriate. Almost criminal and will almost surely

have one facing eternal damnation, right along side of those who get a coke here and there

from someone elses soda card.

Adults shouldn't have to have a "rule" to know what is appropriate and what is not.

At least' date=' mature adults don't.[/quote']

Maturity is overrated :D

I wear my PJ's to the store on occasion. Who cares what others wear as long as it's not in 'bad taste' and that is also subjective to each person.

So let me be clear on this- sweat pants mean you have given up on life, but pajamas at the store don't? And yes, cranky kids at 7am can be a problem- it is certainly just this recent generation that has encountered it and resorted to falling out of bed into public to get diapers, etc.

So the breakdown of society continues- anything goes. No shared ideas of what is acceptable, if it isn't written down as a rule then it is ok. And the rules that are written down mostly seem to be a challenge to break them. I guess this is a reflection of what is happening to our society as a whole. And flame as you like, I do find it distressing and wonder where it will lead. Noplace very good I suspect.

TBut50---TT-YC???

Youre right, its my vacation,just like its everyone elses.:) As for society breaking down. I disagree with you. There are way worse issues than PJ's at Food Rite or on the Serenity deck at 7 am. Im sure you'd agree with me on that. BUT, like I said there is a time and a place to clean up. Im 28,if you didnt read that,and I think MY generation is way more openminded to whatever floats your boat. I thank the Hippies for that! Nother rant...sorry.

Anyway. Im looking forward to MY vacation away from changing diapers,mopping, doing laundry, canning the summer veggies, and simply recharging Sarah. I only get to go away once every 2 years sans the husband and kids. and there is even "mom guilt" about that. I know, poor pittyful me...;)

And FOR THE RECORD...If smoking is not allowed in the serenity area,then I wont smoke.

Dengirl, I agree about showing TOO much skin. Im talking about modeslty covering up. :) not letting what the Good Lord gave me hanging out....

There is a complete blurring of public and private. But I guess that is to be expected when we have long telephone conversations while sitting on the pot (excuse me while I flush). This, quite seriously, has been a very eye-opening discussion that will take some time to digest. I think it has very serious implications on what we can expect from our society. I hope that like many things it is cyclical, and an era of white gloves and hats is around the corner.

TBut50---TT-YC???

I guess for those with nostalgia for the "good old days", life was much better when everyone knew their place and questioning of societal norms was seen almost as an act of treason. Sorry, I don't long for those days.

There is a complete blurring of public and private. But I guess that is to be expected when we have long telephone conversations while sitting on the pot (excuse me while I flush). This, quite seriously, has been a very eye-opening discussion that will take some time to digest. I think it has very serious implications on what we can expect from our society. I hope that like many things it is cyclical, and an era of white gloves and hats is around the corner.

How bout this, lets you and I agree to disagree. You can wear your white gloves,and Ill wear my jammies. and just have a laugh about our differences. :) I even wear camo to hunt in,and flip flops to the beach. You wear what you want as well.

AMEN Cruise J.D!!! Im glad I was born after that time. I love to put on a dress and all that,but Im SOOO glad I dont feel ashamed to be seen in public without makeup on!

There is a complete blurring of public and private. But I guess that is to be expected when we have long telephone conversations while sitting on the pot (excuse me while I flush).

Is that why I get weird looks when I Skype people?? :confused:

This started with a harmless thread about wearing nice jammies on the deck in the early morning to a total breakdown of society's rules. :rolleyes:

Is that why I get weird looks when I Skype people?? :confused:

YEP!!!

Since Im a rebel child Im happy to be contributing to the break down of society. But Im also openminded to live and let live too!

Well if pj's in public are are so bad, let me ask this. I sleep in shorts and a t-shirt, so if I want to run up to the Lido deck to get a glass of lemonade when I first wake up, should I put on different shorts and t-shirt to do so???

THis pic is for Travelor353 and NuNu!!! found my dam camera!

Dont mind the wrinkled look of my jammies, and the legs have been flipped up.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing these first thing in the morning. Most people probably wouldn't know that these are your pj's unless you told them! I hope you have a great time wearing your pj's on your cruise! I know I will! :)

And the Oscar goes to...

5, I am usually always on the same page with you, but this is a bit over the top.......

I've been on a couple of business calls recently when the caller flushed. :eek: Man my impression of those callers went downhill fast.

Archived