Best place to snorkel? Cozumel vs Grand Cayman

Frankly,Darling

Hi, all: This will be my first cruise and my first time visiting the Caribbean. At either the Cozumel or G.C. stops, I would like to snorkel as I've heard both are two of the best places in the world for snorkeling/diving. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Any recommendations. I would like to also spend some time on 7-mile beach in G.C... maybe combine it with a Stingray City snorkel; however, I think I'm more interested in seeing a bunches of brightly colored fish. If you do have a recommendation, any particular spots/companies or am I best going with an RCCL tour? Thanks... I know this is going to be a great vacation!

Hi, all: This will be my first cruise and my first time visiting the Caribbean. At either the Cozumel or G.C. stops, I would like to snorkel as I've heard both are two of the best places in the world for snorkeling/diving. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Any recommendations. I would like to also spend some time on 7-mile beach in G.C... maybe combine it with a Stingray City snorkel; however, I think I'm more interested in seeing a bunches of brightly colored fish. If you do have a recommendation, any particular spots/companies or am I best going with an RCCL tour? Thanks... I know this is going to be a great vacation!

Definately snorkel at Chankanaab national Park in Cozumel. There are many taxis to take you there when you get off the ship. Google it and there is even a video on utube that some snorkelers took. It cost to get in the park but it is worth it. They have the Dolphin swim there you can watch, and beautiful beaches for snorkelers that are NOT crowded. Another do not miss is swimming with the stingrays. We did not book thru the ship but have been twice with Moby Dick Tours and it was great. have a blast!!

Hi, all: This will be my first cruise and my first time visiting the Caribbean. At either the Cozumel or G.C. stops, I would like to snorkel as I've heard both are two of the best places in the world for snorkeling/diving. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Any recommendations.

Last month we returned from our very first cruise to the western caribbean where we visited Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Beliza and Isla Roatan. We didn't snorkel in Belize but we did at the other 3 stops.

In order of best snorkeling first: Isla Roatan > Cozumel > Grand Cayman.

Grand Cayman - Stingray city is a must see excursion. I would recommend searching the Ports of Call - Caribbean - Grand Cayman forum for Nativeway.

Here is their web site: http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/tour_details.htm#Rays, Reef and Rum Point

Cozumel - Chankanaab Park has some great snorkeling better than Grand Cayman. They have the second largest coral reef in the world (next to Australia) and tons of beautiful colorful fish. First you'll need to get to the park and pay admission, bring your own snorkel gear or rent ($12) and go snorkeling to your hearts content. There are bathrooms, two restaurants, dolphin discovery and more.

Isla Roatan - If you're going to Isla Roatan, definitely go snorkeling! We did the Jolly Roger Gumbalimba Park and Catamaran for around $69.99 per person. There are of course snorkel only excursions or you can do it yourself and save a bundle of money.

This is my way of giving back to the awesome CC community, I hope it helps :)

Last month we returned from our very first cruise to the western caribbean where we visited Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Beliza and Isla Roatan. We didn't snorkel in Belize but we did at the other 3 stops.

In order of best snorkeling first: Isla Roatan > Cozumel > Grand Cayman.

Grand Cayman - Stingray city is a must see excursion. I would recommend searching the Ports of Call - Caribbean - Grand Cayman forum for Nativeway.

Here is their web site: http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/tour_details.htm#Rays, Reef and Rum Point

Cozumel - Chankanaab Park has some great snorkeling better than Grand Cayman. They have the second largest coral reef in the world (next to Australia) and tons of beautiful colorful fish. First you'll need to get to the park and pay admission, bring your own snorkel gear or rent ($12) and go snorkeling to your hearts content. There are bathrooms, two restaurants, dolphin discovery and more.

Isla Roatan - If you're going to Isla Roatan, definitely go snorkeling! We did the Jolly Roger Gumbalimba Park and Catamaran for around $69.99 per person. There are of course snorkel only excursions or you can do it yourself and save a bundle of money.

This is my way of giving back to the awesome CC community, I hope it helps :)

We are going on this cruise in May on Carnival Glory. We were thinking about doing the Jolly Roger Gumbalimba & Catamaran tour. How was it?

In October, we did the 'reef & rays' snorkel tour in Grand Cayman. Although I cant remember the company, it was through Carnival. I would recommend it if you like to snorkel and are physically fit. since you are snorkeling in about 12' of water.

Archived