Water and Soda Packages??

proudmomma

:D Has anyone purchased the water or soda package? I drink a lot of water, as does the hubby..atleast 20 bottles of water a day. I will go broke if I buy that kind of water on the ship. Is their tap water ok?

The tap water is 100% OK. More than OK.

There are a lot of threads here on cruise critic debating the ships tap water. Generally speaking the tap water is OK for you to drink but I don't like it.

I've found that it must have a high level of sodium as we have problems with feet and hands swelling if drinking ship's tap water and no such problems if we drink primarily bottled water. Not everyone reports this so it must have something to do with sensitivity or what your system is used to. I've also been on one Celebrity cruise where the water had a bad taste sort of like a medicine disinfectant taste.

The ship takes on water at ports of call and also produces it's own water through a desalination process.

We drink a lot of bottled water. The bottled water runs about $4 for a large Evian (I think it is 1.5 liter) and about $2.50 for a small single serving bottle, plus 15% gratuity automatically added.

I inquired about the water package and found that it does not allow for in-room purchases such as mini-bar, room service nor through stateroom attendant. Instead it must be obtained at a bar, lounge or dining room area and only one bottle at a time - making it less convenient to bring a day's use back to the cabin. I'm also not sure it would be economical for us. We're going to stick with the pay as you go method.

I did purchse the water package on our Century cruise in Jan. For the amount of water I drink, for me it was well worth it. Just my opinion, but the bar servers seemed none to pleased to be bothered with this package. I typically got at least a groan when I presented my card with the water sticker...

Archived