what will I see in Belize ?

phyzz

Cavetubing is a big hit with a lot of cruisers that go to this port and it's something you don't see offered on any other ports either. You use large innertubes to float thru a number of ancient caves. There is also snorkeling tours and zipline tours that are popular too. The beaches are very pretty too. Just research the boards here and you'll find tons of info.

I will be in Belize in July on the Lengend . I have never been to the Carribean before - what kind of things will I see there ?

what are the MUST SEE things ?

This is the best port on your itinerary to see Mayan ruins. Carnival offers a couple of tours. They're more or less all day affairs but very enjoyable if you like history and learning about other cultures.

If you read these boards, you'll find a lot of cruisers don't like Belize because you have to take a tender to shore and there's little to do near the port except the shops in the tourist village. Many vendors directly outside the tourist village can be a bit aggressive in their approach and this is off putting for many travelers not used to such aggressiveness.

To get to beaches you'll need to be on an excursion or take a water taxi to one of the nearby isles called cayes. Cave tubing is also popular. But in short, you'll need to book an excursion to enjoy Belize.

Archived