Ilounge on Equinox?

skt4cruise

Read in the Mac news today that Celebrity is putting Ilounges on ships in their fleet.

Does anyone know if this might include the Equinox, I think it may because when we booked our Holy Land for Oct. you had to click to select cabins after or before April 2010, in other words, some changes would be made after April 2010.

Perhaps this was just some reclassification of rooms but I'm hoping this means we get an Ilounge with all its trimmings! :)

Apple fan pan dowdy

I have not heard they had specific plans to add the ilounge to Equinox or Solstice. The press release about the ilounge stated that it would debut with Eclipse and also be a venue on Silhouette and the fifth Solstice class ship. It would not surprise me if it is added to Equinox and Solstice at some point (especially if it does well on Eclipse), but so far as I know Celebrity has not announced that this is already in-the-works.

In other words, some changes would be made after April 2010.

The only significance attached to April 2010 in terms of the booking process relates to reclassification of certain stateroom categories...

I'll be on Equinox next week and will see what--if anything--I can surface relative to installation of an iLounge on the first two S-Class ships...

The only significance attached to April 2010 in terms of the booking process relates to reclassification of certain stateroom categories...

I'll be on Equinox next week and will see what--if anything--I can surface relative to installation of an iLounge on the first two S-Class ships...

Great, I'll be looking for all posts from you!

I'm probably being stupid but what is an ilounge? Thanks.

The internet lounge on Eclipse (and thr 4th and 5th Solstice class ships) is going to feature Apple Computer products to sample, classes about them, and a store selling Apple products.

Read in the Mac news today that Celebrity is putting Ilounges on ships in their fleet.

Does anyone know if this might include the Equinox, I think it may because when we booked our Holy Land for Oct. you had to click to select cabins after or before April 2010, in other words, some changes would be made after April 2010.

Perhaps this was just some reclassification of rooms but I'm hoping this means we get an Ilounge with all its trimmings! :)

Apple fan pan dowdy

I THINK that this is a referrence to the Elite Lounge that Celebrity added to all of their ships around July 2009. This "Elite Lounge" is for cruisers who have ten or more cruise credits with Celebrity [or who have transferred status from being Diamond on Royal Caribbean]; occasionally occupants of the largest suite have been invited, but that is on a case by case basis. The lounge is held from 8-10am [with included continental breakfast including fresh squeezed juice, Cappacino and Bloody Marys] and from 4-6pm with an included generous selection of alcoholic drinks. The "Elite Lounge" is nominally in Michael's Club, but if there are large numbers of Elite cruisers on-board it is moved to another venue. So this "Elite Lounge" is an activity rather than a particular physical room.

Thom

edit: Uhhh - it just dawned on me [a little slow today] that you mentioned both iLounge and Mac - so maybe it has something to do with catering to MAC users [before they have been very PC oriented. In that case, you can ignore everything I wrote above.

I THINK that this is a referrence to the Elite Lounge that Celebrity added to all of their ships around July 2009. This "Elite Lounge" is for cruisers who have ten or more cruise credits with Celebrity [or who have transferred status from being Diamond on Royal Caribbean]; occasionally occupants of the largest suite have been invited, but that is on a case by case basis. The lounge is held from 8-10am [with included continental breakfast including fresh squeezed juice, Cappacino and Bloody Marys] and from 4-6pm with an included generous selection of alcoholic drinks. The "Elite Lounge" is nominally in Michael's Club, but if there are large numbers of Elite cruisers on-board it is moved to another venue. So this "Elite Lounge" is an activity rather than a particular physical room.

Thom

edit: Uhhh - it just dawned on me [a little slow today] that you mentioned both iLounge and Mac - so maybe it has something to do with catering to MAC users [before they have been very PC oriented. In that case, you can ignore everything I wrote above.

Thanks Thom, I could only DREAM of a cuppa in Ilounge. It will actually be a little store/boutique, seems crazy to sell Ipods, MacPros on a cruise but Apple fans just love the idea! A place where we can sit and share and learn from the Genius bar and fellow cruisers.

Archived