Bed position on Solstice class

MsJ

Hi, I am looking at the a cruise on the Eclipse for next February. In doing research I keep coming across discussions on the bed being near the bathroom or the balcony. Can someone explain why one is more desirable than the other? Why do the cabins have the beds near the bath and others near the balcony? I am looking at the Aqua Class cabins. I am a little confused about this bed position thing.

Thanks. Marianne

Hi, I am looking at the a cruise on the Eclipse for next February. In doing research I keep coming across discussions on the bed being near the bathroom or the balcony. Can someone explain why one is more desirable than the other? Why do the cabins have the beds near the bath and others near the balcony? I am looking at the Aqua Class cabins. I am a little confused about this bed position thing.

Thanks. Marianne

Personally, we really liked the bed by the bath. We liked having the sofa and desk near the balcony so that you could sit or lie on the couch and enjoy the view/fresh air and also enjoy the view while sitting at the desk. Some have complained that it was difficult to get into the closet with the bed close by; we did not find this a problem at all. Check the Solstice sticky also, as there are a lot of comments there about bath vs. balcony configuration. I would say, more people seem to prefer the bed near the bath but that's not a scientific result!

Whichever you choose, I am sure you will enjoy Aquaclass. Lovely amenities and Blu was wonderful.

I picked bed by the bathroom so that I was as far away from the balcony and any morning light streaming in as possible. I'm cursed by inability to sleep late when its light out so I figured every inch I can get away from the balcony door and light creeping around the blackout drapes, the better!

We had the bed next to the balcony version (AQ, Rm 1544). This was by accident since I never considered the bed location prior to our sailing. That said, I think that I prefer this location vs. the bed in the middle. The reason is that a person would be constantly walking around the end of the bed to walk from one part of the cabin to the other. However, it would not be a big deal to us either way.

What was a minor problem for us was the shape of the bed. It is rounded at the foot making it too short on both sides. Therefore, my feet would hangover the end of the bed unless I laid at an angle towards the center (I'm ~6'0"). Again, not a big deal, but would have preferred a standard shaped bed (otherwise the bed was excellent).

Archived