Best Cabin choice for family of five

pma19

Hi Everyone,

Looking to book best cabin for my family of 5 (3 teens). Like the idea of a mini suite for my husband and I and we were thinking of getting the kids an inside cabin. My question is this, would it be better to get them an adjoining suite to open up the balcony and if so which deck would you suggest and why? Would like to book Alaska NB on Diamond (port or star board)???

I'd put the kids in an inside room...cheaper and they won't be tempted to act stupidly on the balcony! Kids don't mind cramped spaces (not that they'll be that cramped) and you'll save a bunch of $$$$ for other things!

Some ships have a few HUGE inside cabins as well...........I'd probably try to get an inside right across the hall or very close so:

1~you can "keep tabs" on them

2~they can enjoy your balcony with you

HAVE FUN!

We are a family of 4 and booked a JS for my husband and myself and an inside directly across the hall for the kids (14 and 16). My SIL is a family of 5 and booked a royal promenade family suite. I like the idea of separate bathrooms for us.

Our last family cruise, we booked a balcony for us and an inside room for our boys across the hall from us. It worked great. They like having their own room.

We did ask them to slip a note under our door when they were in for the night. And you can get a duplicate key to their room as well, once you're on the ship.

Our last family cruise, we booked a balcony for us and an inside room for our boys across the hall from us. It worked great. They like having their own room.

We did ask them to slip a note under our door when they were in for the night. And you can get a duplicate key to their room as well, once you're on the ship.

We are sailing on the Eurodam (HAL) in May with our three children. We also booked two rooms, an inside room and a balcony. They are not on the same deck but we chose a balcony room that is right across from the elevators to make it easier to find. Their ages are 10, 17 and 19 so we felt comfortable with this arrangment. We also reserved a family cabana on Eurodam's retreat area on the top deck so that we can spend time together and have someplace to meet.

diane

I didn't see if you had a particular line in mind. However, we just sailed on the NCLDawn

and had an AB penthouse suite. It has 2 rooms inside the cabin and holds 6 people.

We actually had 10 in our group and booked 2 of these cabins. One of the cabins held

4 adults and 1 child. This suite is absolutely amazing. It has 2 full bathrooms as well.

The master suite bathroom is truly amazing and the second bathroom is actually larger than the bathroom we had in a balcony cabin. With NCL suite guests also have alot of really nice perks as well. I would definately recomend this cabin to anyone wanting to have more than 4 in a room. Go to the message borad for NCL and look for threads about suites. You will probably find some pics to see what the ABs look like. We paid

approx. 4000 for 5 in this suite.

Archived