daysail timing

caribbean crazy

We are booked to go on the Fantasy Daysail in June. Of course, I'm disappointed to hear some of the reviews recently, since we booked on the Fantasy due to some really good reviews I had read on these boards previously. I'm hoping maybe the captain will get things straightened out soon and will get back to their high level of customer satisfaction. Now.. for my question...If we are to arrive back to Red Hook Marina by 3:30, do I need to be concerned about getting back to the port before 5:00? We depart at 5:00 and I'm a little concerned about traffic - since I don't know what traffic is like in St. Thomas. Am I cutting it too close?

Carribean Crazy

Hi there C. Crazy,

I have been wondering the same thing... our ship leaves St. Thomas at 5pm..Cpt. Sharon said it would be no problem as we will return to Red Hook around 3/3:30. I am assuming they do this so often with cruise passengers that it is scheduled accordingly, however, I want to be positive (certainly don't want to miss the ship!). We are sailing next Monday and can't wait!

I am sure your sail with the Fantasy will be enjoyable - they are in the business to make your day what you want..will have everything worked out by then and prepare a great day for you. :)

EMTRa, We just booked with Capt. Sharon on the Winifred for June. We received an e-mail saying that many of her clients were ship passangers. She also said we would be back to the Marina between 2:30 and 3:30 pm. Many people have posted about their wonderful experience on this daysail. I look foward to hearing all about your daysail when you return.

Emily

I am interested in this answer, too. We are on the Disney Magic and leaving our kids on board for the day. Can you imagine if we missed the ship :eek: :eek: We sail at 4:30. We have 4 of the 6 people so hopefully they will accomodate us!!! EEEKKK!

I posted the question about times on the "sail winifred - OUTSTANDING!" thread under St. Thomas (I think! forgive me..lots of last min. posts! lol) Hockeydad has just sailed in Jan and Cpt. Sharon had everything lined up accordingly. Said that the time in St. Thomas is 1 hour ahead of ship time...hope that is true for the Destiny as she sails out of San Juan..I just know to set my watch according to SHIP time..and make sure we follow it!!!

I am now thinking we will definitely need to be one of the first off the ship in order to meet/sail at 9:30! Some had time to do a little shopping after the retuned before they had to be onboard the ship. Will post as I find out more..or after we return!

FYI - we just sailed the Alaunt on Christmas day. Your ship will change it's time the night before to reflect the time at the Port you are sailing into (they usually leave a little card on your pillow at bedtime telling you to change your watch). You won't have to worry about refiguring time.

Our ship left at 5:30 and we got back to Redhook at 4:15. We had time to get back to the pier and do a little shopping - no problem. These captains do this everyday and they will not let you miss your ship. Have a great time!!! It was the best day of our cruise.

Lisa

We did the Fantasy Daysail over New Years. We were back to Red Hook by 3:45, did some shopping there, had ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery and even had time to do shopping back by the ship. You won't be rushed.

We just went on the Fantasy and Capt Brian had a taxi waiting for us to take us back to the ship. We were back in time to souvenir shop on the pier by the ship. I wouldn't worry about that at all. I had the same worries that you did about all the great reviews and then I found a lot of negative ones later. As long as you don't expect perfection, you'll have a great time. It was my husband's favorite excursion (and we went on 6 all together). Russell, who was first mate, was really knowledgeable and friendly giving us information about the islands and while snorkeling. You'll have a good time, don't worry:).

Lisa We Have A Reservation On The Alaunt In 3 Weeks.what Did You Think About It?was It Worth The Money?did You See Any That Seemed To Be Better?how Was The Food?was There A Good Drink Selection? Were They Friendly? What Did You Get To Do?any Fishing? Thanks For Your Help Amy From Ny

Archived