Island Princess pool question

jfv379

I know there are four pools on the Island Princess, the Lotus, Lido, Splash and Sanctuary Pools.

Are any of these pools "adult only"?

If the Sanctuary Pool is adult only, is it part of something for which there is an extra charge?

We loved the aft adults only pool on our last Crown Princess cruise.

I am not sure about the sanctuary pool (and yes there is an extra charge for the sanctuary) but all the other pools are not for adults only.

However, I just got off a 10 day panama canal cruise and there were only 12 children on board (most of which were under the age of two).

Since you are going on a 15 day cruise before school is out for the year you will probably have a similar experience.

Although there is a charge for the Sanctuary there is no charge for the Lotus pool located next to it. It's strictly an adult pool & they like to keep it on the quiet side.

I just got off the Island (same cruise as Lenora) and there were children in the Lotus Pool(covered one). so its not strickly an adult pool

I just got off the Island (same cruise as Lenora) and there were children in the Lotus Pool(covered one). so its not strickly an adult pool

You're correct. The Lotus pool on the Island does allow kids. I was thinking about the Lotus pool on the Emerald, Crown & Ruby. Sorry.

Since you are going on a 15 day cruise before school is out for the year you will probably have a similar experience.

I forgot to take that into consideration.

The Spa pool forward is adults only, its not a sanctuary pool but next to it.

I figured there had to be at least one. That will provide us the exercise from our aft cabin.

Thanks

We were on the Island the 10 days of Feb 8th to the 18th. We sailed with two children [ 7 and 9 ] There were only 7 children on this cruise. For the first 7 days the kids swam in the Lotus pool and we never saw a sign [ I looked believe me ] and no one said anything. then on day 8 an employee came up to us and said no children in that pool because it had a higher concentration of clorine. Now, I am all for an adults only pool, but put up a sign, let us know where the kids can and can not be. we sure didn't want to look like scoff laws but we didn't know. The kids had 7 great days in that Lotus pool though:D

Archived