Jeans??

proudmomma

Alaska cruises are cold weather cruises usually. (Of course we went in May, packed all heavy clothing and it ended up warm, sunny and I had wished I packed lighter weight clothing). LOTS of travelers wore jeans on the Alaska cruises. When you go to the

Caribbean, jeans are too warm. Panama Canal, jeans are too warm. And nobody said you can't wear jeans during the day, just not in the evening in the Main Dining Room. I feel that everyone should follow the rule or cruise on another line. I never liked it when formal nights came along and husband and I would get dressed up and then go to the theatre to then sit next to someone who was wearing bermuda shorts or jeans. Celebrity should really police the dress code and not be afraid to turn guests away from certain venues if they are not dressed appropriately. Elegant Tea is Elegant Tea. You have to be dressed up to enter for Elegant Tea. They will turn you away there if you are not dressed properly so they should do the same in the Main Dining Room and Celebrity Theatre. Black pants with different tops works fine. White pants with different tops works fine. People are just looking for excuses to not follow the rules.

I'm not packing jeans for my Summit cruise on Saturday (too heavy/hot for the Caribbean), but certainly some fashionable people can make jeans look a heck of a lot better than Dockers or polyester separates.

Holiday05whitejacketandjeans.jpgblazer.jpg

As seems to occur with most dress code threads the level of discourse as dropped as the thread grew. After removing well over 2 dozen inappropriate posts we have decided to close the thread to further activity.

In future discussions on Cruise Critic regarding attire, please resist the temptation to associate attire with personalities and attitudes and stay on topic. Our guidelines don't permit any posts that single out any member or group of members.

Quoting from our guidelines:

"...don't attack another poster or group of posters. Do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another member that is unwanted. This means: don't say bad things about them... If you disagree with someone, respond to the subject, not the person."

Thanks.

Archived