Pride: Waiting to make Steakhouse reservations on board?

zebb

I'm thinking about following the recommendation I've seen a few places to make David's Steakhouse reservations after we've gotten a look at the MDR menu for the week. I'm sure things are different from week to week how quickly it might or might not book up.

We definitely want to go one night... and I'm thinking the second elegant night (my partner in crime is not a fan of dressing up, I figure this would mean not adding a third night of that particular discussion:rolleyes:).

Thoughts on waiting to make a reservation based on the MDR menu or reserving now for the second elegant (Friday, I've heard)?

I've eaten in the supper club on both the Pride and the Spirit. In both cases, the restaurant was nearly empty. I also walk each night after dinner around the deck (yes, I'm the idiot passenger that keeps walking past as you're trying to enjoy the view from your window table), and have never noticed the restaurant to appear full.

Thank you... that makes me feel better about waiting. I'll talk it over with my group (of 4) and decide. But I like the idea of seeing the MDR menu first. Of course, who knows if we'll then be able to settle on a night that we agree is best.

Fantastic suggestion on making the reservation and then canceling or changing it... I have no idea why that didn't occur to me!

And I really appreciate being pointed at the menu... I'll study it to pick a night and then once we're aboard, if the rest of my group doesn't agree, we can follow Chris's suggestion to switch or cancel the steakhouse (although I don't think any of my carnivorous group will pass on the steakhouse!).

• 2 weeks later...
You can look at the menu's for the MDR here:

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

Carnival uses the same menu's fleet wide, only thing that changes is the order when the cruise is longer or shorter. Since yours is a 7 day it should be what is listed in that order.

I have to THANK YOU for this link. I am a food fanatic and was trying to debate if I wanted to David's Steakhouse or just stick with the MDR. This will help me narrow down which night I would want to do David's ...THANK YOU!!!

I made my reservation 7 months before we sailed...as soon as we got on board and learned out reservation was on the same night as the 2nd elegant night we changed it with no problem! The steakhouse wa nearly empty when we ate there.

Archived