Cabin Selection Carnival Spirit 9/7

Jen1000

We are planning on booking several cabins for the Carnival Spirit 9/7 cruise from Seattle to Vancouver. The itinerary is sea day, Juneau, cruise Glacier Bay, Skagway, Ketchikan, cruise the inside passage, Vancouver. With this itinerary is one side of the ship better than the other? Some may get balconies and I need to advise which side of the ship is better.

I actually just cruised on the Spirit in January but I don't know which side of the ship will be better in Alaska.

Jen in SoCal

We did that cruise last September, and had a balcony on Empress-starboard-6323. It was great for sightseeing--we saw whales and bald eagles and beautiful scenery from our balcony. But...probably any balcony cabin would be great!

Have fun...we sure did!

We did a B2B in May 2009 on the Spirit, 7 days northbound and 7 days southbound. We had an "obstructed view balcony" category 7A. We were in cabin 5178 going north and in cabin 5190 southbound (both on the port side), but there are several 7A cabins on each side. This was our first balcony and the price was great. The "obstruction" was the lifeboat which was actually below the top of the balcony railing and really didn't obstruct the view very much. You just couldn't look straight down.

Since you will be going up and back I don't see that it makes much difference which side you're on. You'll see the land on both sides and it's really a toss of the dice which side a whale might pass on.

Here's a picture out the balcony of a similar cabin.

7A5163.jpg.fa2f89d543ef7555341b46f3778f375e.jpg

Archived