Golf Cart Review

bishop35

We were just in Grand Turk last week and rented a golf cart from Nathan. We really enjoyed it as a family. We went to the lighthouse and took a few dirt roads. Glad we took the dirt road because we were able to see some flamingos. Everyone was very nice to us and many waved as they went by. There isn't a lot to see but it was fun exploring the island. After about 3 hours we returned the golf cart and then explored the beach area. In order to get to the golf carts you have to walk through the shopping area and walk to the left, through the parking lot, and the golf carts are just outside the gate of the parking area. It is about a 300 yard walk. If you have any questions, please let me know.

dsc04078o.jpg

dsc04090s.jpg

dsc04169c.jpg

Thanks for the post, it is great information, it may be an option for us next year. Looks like you had some clouds and wave action. We were there towards the end of January and had blue skies and calm waters.

Yes, it was partly cloudy most of the day and it was windy. I just assumed that Grand Turk always had big waves. They were awesome to watch. Grand Turk has beautiful beaches and waters.

Can you please let us know how much you paid for the golf cart rental? Sounds like a great plan for me and my DD since I don't want to rent a scooter.

We paid $80 for four people. I read on CC where someone else made a deal for $60 for two people. I sent Nathan my cc information via email and then I signed the receipt when I rented the golf cart.

We paid $80 for four people. I read on CC where someone else made a deal for $60 for two people. I sent Nathan my cc information via email and then I signed the receipt when I rented the golf cart.

What is his address/phone number/web page?

Thanks for sharing Bishop35. I noticed that there were two ship in port when you were there. Did you find things very crowded?

No it didn't seem crowded while exploring the island, but Margaritaville was pretty crowded.

We were also there last week, on Monday. :) We did not pre-rent a cart, and just walked out the gate and found Nathan. He had two carts left and we rented it for $65. DH did not want to use a credit card, so we paid cash. We didn't have a drivers license number to put down, so Nathan asked for a Passport number. Again, we refused and he was fine with that. We ended up picking up some new friends that were walking into town. They seemed happy to have a ride and ended up touring with us. LOL

Had a great day riding around, but only saw one flamingo. :( We did see many cows, horses and stingrays. Beautiful beaches and water.

I can also recommend renting carts. When i told my family about it they were a bit sceptical, and even more so when we docked and had to walk outside the port gates. However after renting them everyone agreed this was the best thing we had done on our entire trip and infact every cruise we have been on.

Being able to go off and explore on our own was amazing.

Below are some pics of us on Grand Turk. We found a lovely local place to eat in Roberts alley near doctors alley on the main road. There are some pictures of this also. The best and strongest rum punch we tasted!! I will also add more pictures on next post as it will only let me upload 5

If you have any questions i can also answer them!

379191029_FloridaandCarribeanCruiseSept2009338.jpg.6bdba54c94505d734bed819f2adac328.jpg

2069799676_FloridaandCarribeanCruiseSept2009320.jpg.8e85385b6e7d2ac070ca5f91ca8739ea.jpg

386746795_FloridaandCarribeanCruiseSept2009367.jpg.f214497bfd5aa578f7c081e4f24dd8a7.jpg

207045096_FloridaandCarribeanCruiseSept2009380.jpg.8d9308abd4809d6c6e62612b5ec0baeb.jpg

1449826298_FloridaandCarribeanCruiseSept2009381.jpg.6bd24efccdaf1f94e6e5add61928adee.jpg

Wow cruisinmaniac where did you see stingrays? Which beach? That is pretty cool. Still trying to talk my hubby into doing it. He wants to rent the buggies instead. He feels the need for speed. Ha Ha!

Great pics Beckyv, looks like good food. Everybody that rents these golf carts will probably have a different experience and find different things. We didn't see any stingrays, that would have been cool. I still wouldn't recommend trying to get a golf cart without reserving one ahead of time, I know of several people that tried this the day we were there and he was sold out.

Oh sorry! Should have been more specific about the stingrays. We saw them from the ship, swimming from Margaritaville toward the ship.

Click to see video: th_Eurodam2010215.jpg

Beckyv - That eatery looks great! Wish we had found something like that. This is all we found to resemble food. :D

Eurodam2010026.jpg

thanks everyone for all the helpful info. Just sent Nathan an e-mail to rent a golf cart when we visit grand turk in May. Can anyone suggest a nice beach to drive to with the golf cart to get away from the crowds that might have some nice snorkeling?

thanks again....

Jolene

• 1 month later...
Ooops forgot to attach the pic of the actual place we ate 'Sandbar'

How far down is the Sandbar? That looks like the perfect place to stop. I don't want to mss it. Or....is the island too small for me to miss this place.

Thanks for the info!!

This is for anyone thinking of the carts from Nathan.We we're on the Star and was to be in Grand Turk on the 15th of April.High winds kept us from docking. Whwn we returned,I sent Nathan an e-mail and within 24 hours,I received an response. He had already cedited back the charge on our card. He is a very honest and trustworthy man to deal with.I will try to use him again if we go back to Grand turk.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived