Dirty cabins on OOsterdam?

stray

Thre latest OOsterdam review states they had issues with a dirty cabin. I have read this in other reviews, and am wondering if recent cruisers on this ship have or have not had similiar problems. My daughter and I are sailing on the 13th of this month, and I would hate to have problems with a dirty cabin. I wonder what I should expect. Is the ship due for renovation or are the cabin attendants overwhelmed? Perhaps this was just an unfortunateoccurances.

I echo that I have never found any shortfalls with the housekeeping department. Much the contrary actually... they are a phenomenal group of ladies and gentlemen.

HOWEVER,

should something not appear completed after they have cleared the rooms and stated they are ready... simply ask if ________ can be touched up as appropriate and I'm sure they would be happy to.

I've seen instances where someone gets on the ship at 11, goes straight to their room and has a fit because the bed isn't made the bathroom isn't cleaned, there's dirty glasses...

Of course there would be... the rooms are ready closer to 1:30 :)

Never have seen or been in a dirty cabin with Hal. Can't imagine that. Hal's housekeeping staff take pride in their cabins. I'm with DutchByAssociation, let them know if you encounter that problem, but I really seriously have my doubts that will be the case.

I have a big problem with this. If there is a dirty cabin (what is dirty?) Talk to the

stewards, if it is not taken care of in a reasonable time, contact the housekeeping

supervisor.

I do not understand why people make a big issue of housekeeping problems on a ship.

Do they expect everything to be perfect. It is not perfect in a hotel and they do

not have near the problems that a ship has.

Greg

Last year we had a really "Negative Nellie" on Ryndam...........she was telling EVERYONE on the ship that when they boarded their cabin hadn't been cleaned.

I asked her what she meant.

Oh, my goodness,

SOMEONE had left a plate with a knife on it right on their counter!

DUH! It was the plate and knife they leave there with the fresh fruit so one can enjoy the fruit right when they enter if they are famished (I guess).

One plate, one knife..............both clean.............constituted a "cabin not cleaned."

And, if it in fact her cabin hadn't been cleaned, why didn't she just dial Housekeeping?

Because she wanted/loved to complain...............about everything, the entire cruise.

What a sad person.

Her poor husband just followed her around.............never said a word.:(

We've cruised on the Oosterdam 4 different times and have never had an issue with a dirty cabin.

I am confident you will have a lovely time, she is a fantastic ship.

P.S. we are booked to sail her again next Jan. with the entire family! :D

I feel so much better. The OP in the latest review found cleaning their cabin a problem, but now, I feel that situation must have been an unusual exception. Thanks to all who responded.

On our January 11 day Mexico cruise on the Oosterdam, we first found the cabin to have an obnoxious musty oder. Talked to the steward who sprayed the room with disinfectant I guess, and the smell becaume tolerable. Also had them spray the next two days, and after that no longer noticed any bad oder.

Also the pillow slip smelled musty but that situation was promptly alleviated.

We had a fabulous cruise and the rest of the cabin was clean.

Thre latest OOsterdam review states they had issues with a dirty cabin. I have read this in other reviews, and am wondering if recent cruisers on this ship have or have not had similiar problems. My daughter and I are sailing on the 13th of this month, and I would hate to have problems with a dirty cabin. I wonder what I should expect. Is the ship due for renovation or are the cabin attendants overwhelmed? Perhaps this was just an unfortunateoccurances.

The unfortunate part is it is the problem caused by the passengers themselves!! If they do not put the little tage which asks for the stateroom to be cleaned out, then the Stewards think they are still in the stateroom and wish for privacy. The stewards will not clean their rooms until all the others are cleaned, which might be after 12 noon.

I speak from experience just a month ago. I asked my steward why my stateroom was not cleaned one day before noon and he educated me. After that I put it out as soon as I was ready to have it cleaned every day! Our stateroom was always cleaned and ready for us to mess it up again within an hour of that tag going into the slot!

I read the same review you are talking of and I am 99.99% positive that was their problem also, but they did not ask their steward to find out....

Joanie

The unfortunate part is it is the problem caused by the passengers themselves!! If they do not put the little tage which asks for the stateroom to be cleaned out, then the Stewards think they are still in the stateroom and wish for privacy. The stewards will not clean their rooms until all the others are cleaned, which might be after 12 noon.

I speak from experience just a month ago. I asked my steward why my stateroom was not cleaned one day before noon and he educated me. After that I put it out as soon as I was ready to have it cleaned every day! Our stateroom was always cleaned and ready for us to mess it up again within an hour of that tag going into the slot!

Is this a new thing on HAL? I have never seen a tag asking for the room to be cleaned. All I have ever seen on any HAL cruise is the Privacy card that fits in the key slot. Our last cruise was in May 2009 and there was no cleaning tag then. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Is this a new thing on HAL? I have never seen a tag asking for the room to be cleaned. All I have ever seen on any HAL cruise is the Privacy card that fits in the key slot. Our last cruise was in May 2009 and there was no cleaning tag then. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

There are 2 sides to the Privacy Card. One says Clean Room the pther do not disturb or something to that effect. Just like a hotel card does.

Joanie

Archived