Best parking in Mobile Al?

dyson

Ok people 3 days and counting getting everything packed,

Can someone recommend a good area to park that wont cost a arm and a leg

We live in Mississippi so its only a few hours drive so no hotel needed really unless it works out to benefit us.

And also silly question do the rooms have irons, hair dryers, and clocks?

check out Gulf cost departures section, Jetskier mentioned something about City Garage about 6 blocks away. Drop off luggage go park and walk back.

Irons are a big NO NO in the cabins. There will be one in the laundry room you can use if you need to. No clocks in the cabin, and I cant remember if they have hair dryers on the Fantasy or not but if you dont take one Im sure your cabin steward could find one for you.

Have a fantastic time

Wanda

I've always had a hair drier in my room on my cruises.

That city garage that Jetskier talks about is right next to the Radisson hotel. You can see the hotel noted on google maps satellite images. For $55, you can park and be shuttled to the port. Or, for $35, you can park and walk the 6 blocks (a 10 minute walk at a fast pace), after dropping off your checked luggage. I didn't use it, but Jetskier told me all about it, as we were on the same cruise last year. I think I heard that you pay at the Radisson, but don't hold me to that.

It's a protected, safe garage and an easy walk to the cruise ship. We've parked there twice and used the Raddison hotel and cruise package. We took the shuttle to the cruise but walked back to our car after the cruise. It's an easy walk and were back in our car before 8:30 a.m. If we stay there again we're going to walk both ways, even though the shuttle is included in the room package. Have fun! We're planning to take that cruise again with our 3 kids in late summer.

If you use the hotel's shuttle, you have to pay at the hotel. If you are parking only, then you get a parking stub when you pull in. When you go to leave, you pay the parking attendant. It is $7 per day to park there.

If leaving out on a weekend, sometimes you can luck up and the machine only charge you for one day.

Dave

And also silly question do the rooms have irons, hair dryers, and clocks?

Dont bring an iron as it is prohibited. They have them located in the laundry rooms. There are no clocks or hair dryers in your room.

The only ships with hair dryers are

Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle, Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom, Splendor, Dream and soon the Magic.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help guys,

I went with the intentions of dropping off the wife and kids.

But was herded through to the parking there like cattle. ended up saying screw it and parking there 75.00 ouch

but honestly when we got back it was sorta nice to have the car there right at the dock

Thanks for all the help guys,

I went with the intentions of dropping off the wife and kids.

But was herded through to the parking there like cattle. ended up saying screw it and parking there 75.00 ouch

but honestly when we got back it was sorta nice to have the car there right at the dock

So glad to see you just got back and can give some timely advice.....How bad was it, getting into the parking garage? a very long wait, with car running, and patience running out? or not that bad? Just trying to decide how badly I want to save a few bucks, and what the convenience of being right there would be worth vs. what I've heard about LONG waits to get in there. thanks for sharing info!

no the wait was great maybe 45 minutes total.

The staff in mobile were great too.

The porters said " sir you have to tip me" I found that funny

we used birth certs and ids and even with that it was quick.

they had us get on teh boat right away some people were sitting I don't know why

but parking was easy we got there about 30 minutes early.

Honestly I had planned to drop the family off to save the 40.00 bucks

But they steered me like I said and yes I was sorta annoyed about that at first but the thought of walking to a off site parking garage when we got back was scary the kids were moving in slow motion they were so tired so having the truck right there was great

and had our bags back the first night.

• 1 month later...

So you can't drop luggage & passengers off? They send you straight to the garage? We cruise on 5/15 and a couple of us have to turn our vehicles in by noon while another will be taking their own car. When you say 30 minutes early, what time was that? Carnival told me we cannot board the ship until 12:30. I'm hoping that doesn't mean check-in but actually "board the ship." I don't mind a 45 minute wait, but when it turns into hours, then I get a little miffed. What about getting out of the garage? Does that take forever?

You may be able to honestly, But when I ws there they were hearding cattle.

There was 100 security people there. We got there 1 hour early and it was packed so keep it in mind.

Took us abaout 45 min to get on the ship.

You may be able to decline it and get to the parking that Jet was talking about but for me, Now its worth it after the cruise and waiting a hour in more line to get off the ship. i would hate to have to tote my luggage all the way back to the car.

and remember when you are leaving the entire process is starting for someone else boarding

Archived