Is Dunn's River Falls not all it's cracked up to be?

Hello everyone 4 of us are going to Ocho Rios on The Freedom ots w.carib. on 5/16. I have a few questions. We booked the chukka dune buggy tour through the ship and are very excited to do it, has anyone done this tour and what did you think? Also I really wanted to go to Dunn's River Falls, on our own, my sister has been to jamaica many times and recomneded it. However my husband and best friend really don't seem into it, they don't like the idea of holding everyone's hand and waiting in a long line the whole way up the falls. Our other friend thinks that as pretty as the falls look that it's a tourist trap and won't be as good as I think it will and we'd have a lot more fun doing some shopping at island village and hanging out at margarittaville. Are they right is DRF not all it's cracked up to be? Any advice on Margaritaville and Island village? all opinons welcome. love to see pictures. thanks!!

Honestly it's not that great. We decided to go on the tour, just not participate in the climbing up the falls, as my husband didn't he would be able to make it and my daughter was young, and wasn't sure she could participate either. We stayed at one of the levels and just played around there for a while. Hubby got extremely sun burnt, even with sunblock, and he got 2nd degree burns or worse. I cant exactly remember.

I don't think we will ever go back. The flea market was scary. My daughter is terrified of going back there even though she is older, she was grabbed, and dragged into one of the stores by the owner of a shop. It all worked out in the end, and she was safe, but the entire experience was traumatic for her..

Archived