We are booked again

suexxx

Hi all. DH & I are booked on Pacific Pearl Fiji Adventure 17-02-2011. We are on deck 10 ocean view mid ship. Have been to some of the ports before but not the Fijian ones. Research to start. If anyone has been to Fiji I would love to read your reviews. My winnings from our Pacific Sun cruise were burning a hole in my pocket so we booked. This time I rang & sent lots of emails for pricing. Am happy with what I got. I bet you all thought you were going to have a brake from all my Questions----NO WAY. Will have to do a new count down. I'll try to do myself but as you all know I'm not good on the computer. Now over to the ROLL CALL SECTION to add DH & I. Suexxx:D

Hi Suexxx

I have been to fiji a couple of times..once on the Pacific Dawn. It is a trully beautiful and serene place..I would share photos with you but my hard drive crashed recently (before I backed up) so they have all gone.

Suva - was a little scary, I dont know if it was the hype and bad reviews I read about the city but I felt like I was being watched ..weird I know .. I did the Nawilliwilli tour so the only part of the town I saw was through the bus window. The guide was great, very informative. The village was fantastic and I loved the trip there in the little canoe.. Beautiful scenery and outside of Suva the people were incredibly friendly. They also drove past parliment house (scene of that seige from years ago)

Dravuni Island - The most idylic place I have ever visited - beautiful sand clear water, lovely people living in a tiny village on the waters edge - I just loved it makes you want to sell up and live village life!

Savu Savu - Quaint little shopping town set in paradise. I did the pearl tour and then across the island to the copra plantation, Pearl tour was interesting but the highlight of Fiji for me was the copra plantation. They own a small chunk of the island with most of the property bordered by beautiful beach. The owner was a typical Fijian, very warm, always smiling and friendly. They live a simple life in a tropical paradise. There were 3 small homes spitting distance from the water surrounded by the most beautifully maintained tropical garden.

For an insight into the people - I visited once when I was a small girl (5 or 6) with my family. We stayed on the coral coast between Suva and Nadi, then spent a couple of days on Mata Manoa situated in the western group of small islands. While staying on the coral coast, the concierge took a liking to me and adopted me for the rest of my stay.. He would let me ride around on my shoulders and took me back to his village to stay with him and his wife for the night..I loved every minute of it...a totally memorable experience.:)

All in all I love Fiji and it saddens me to here about the political unrest there as all the Fijian people I have met and known seem to be none of it, just going about their lives.

Champagne Bay is a lovely place too - you can see bubbles coming out of the sand near the water's edge hence the name of the Bay so we were told.

At Champagne Bay, you can buy freshly cooked lobster for not a lot of money or a few trinkets from the stalls. For a few dollars we hopped in a 4 wheel drive and were taken to a mountain peak about 10 mins away where we got a great birds eye view over the island back towards the ship and then we went to a waterfall - just lovely - before being taken back to the Bay.

Access is by Tender here.

Archived