Wi Fi on the dream

Yes, there are packages, and yes you can bring your own laptop. If you bring your own, there is a $3.95 set up fee, plus the cost of the packages. By the minute is 75 cents a minute, so you probably dont want to do that.

The Dream is a different flavor of beast... The internet access is quite a bit more expensive than it is on other ships...

There are 4 plans that you can purchase...

Plan 1 is 8 hours for $159 and you get 20 minutes free... price/minute... $.33

Plan 2 is 4 hours for $89 and you get 15 minutes free... price/minute... $.37

Plan 3 is 2 hours for $59 and you get 10 minutes free... price/minute... $.49

Plan 4 is 45 minutes for $29 and you get 5 minutes free... price/minutes... $.64

You can still elect to connect without a plan... price/minute... $.75 plus the $3.95 one time set up fee...

With the exception of the Carnival Dream the bandwidth available for ALL passengers to share is 750K. The Dream is quite a bit better at 2.4 megabits. I was able to achieve a download speed of 134 kps. Not too bad, all things considered...

:)

:)

Actually Internet access is cheaper on Carnival Dream. More bandwith, too. I was pleased. :)

The two main packages for cruise 6 days in length or more on OTHER ships:

Cruises 6 days in length and longer:

• 100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)
  • 250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I read there was free Wifi on the Dream ? I was hoping to use my ipod touch ? Will this work out or no? :rolleyes: Can anyone who was on the Dream please let me know if I can catch a wifi on my ipod ? Do I have to pay for an internet plan ?

Thank you !

I thought I read there was free Wifi on the Dream ? I was hoping to use my ipod touch ? Will this work out or no? :rolleyes: Can anyone who was on the Dream please let me know if I can catch a wifi on my ipod ? Do I have to pay for an internet plan ?

Thank you !

The Touch will connect (it's just a tiny computer). Technically, the WiFi is free, it is the Internet that costs money.

Well, technically I suppose there is free wifi on board.

It's just that if you want to have internet access using the wifi, you have to pay for it. From what I understand, on the dream you can connect to the wifi on the ship for free and get an interactive sort of capers/fun time which shows things like the day's activities, ship's maps, restaurant menus for the day, etc etc.

Archived