Drink prices??

tdggal1980

Hey All,

DH and I will be on the Freedom on July 3rd and we are having a debate. I pulled a recent drink menu (with prices) online and DH thinks the prices listed include the gratuities - I think they are the prices before gratuities are added. Drinks like Long Island Iced Teas and the Cruiser are listed at $8.75. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated. Believe me, I hope DH is right!

Thanks! :cool:

Hey All,

DH and I will be on the Freedom on July 3rd and we are having a debate. I pulled a recent drink menu (with prices) online and DH thinks the prices listed include the gratuities - I think they are the prices before gratuities are added. Drinks like Long Island Iced Teas and the Cruiser are listed at $8.75. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated. Believe me, I hope DH is right!

This is why we do very little imbibing on board, other than the wine we can take ourselves (and the bottle our TA invariably has waiting in our cabin!). I tried to "economize" once by ordering a double, but it as almost twice the price anyway (and the bartender was a grouch on top of that).

So - other than a beer or glass of wine now and then -- but we wait for port stops, BYOB, or do without.

Hey All,

Damn!!!! With tip, that's over $10 for a Long Island Ice Tea which happens to be my favorite drink. For that price you would hope they would make it the right way with 4 shots. I'm sure they don't but I still think they should. No wonder there's so much smuggling.

Damn!!!! With tip, that's over $10 for a Long Island Ice Tea which happens to be my favorite drink. For that price you would hope they would make it the right way with 4 shots. I'm sure they don't but I still think they should. No wonder there's so much smuggling.

There's a bartender on the Ecstasy that makes a mean, mean Long Island Ice Tea. Well worth the money, as the drink is almost all alcohol.

Yes, long islands are usually expensive anywhere. The drinks aren't cheap, but they're really not much more than any other touristy place that sells drinks...

To me they are cheaper then where I usually drink whcih is at MLB and NBA games. The only thing as cheap is the NASCAR short track I go to. If you drink you have to budget that into your cruise,,if not its not probelm.

I think what throws people off about drinking on a ship (and hence the smuggling) is the price. We pay so little for our cabin/food/shows we figure we should get a deal on our booze too,,we don't expect to pay regular land prices.

We drink vodka with soda or 7-up and we find the prices extremely reasonable and comparable with our local bars at home. (Yes, we live in Canada where booze is taxed to the teets so drinking is expensive anyway) If we do order a fancier drink like a Long Island or the DOD, we expect to pay more...and we always do :)

Hey All,

My DD called me today from the lido deck on the Sensation. The DOD in her hand was $9 ...glad the other stuff made it in her luggage :rolleyes:

I can honestly say here in the Phoenix desert that I have never seen a $10 Long Island Ice Tea. $6-$8 is the norm here. Or maybe the places I go are just for the cheapskates. If the Carnival $10 LIIT is "all alcohol" then I will take back all my complaining. I will have to report back in 2 weeks when I return. Strong and pricey drinks or not, we will be having a great time.

On a side note, on our last cruise I discovered the bloody Mary. I love spicy so this drink was a good match. The problem I had was I was overloading on tomato juice. Who drinks 4 glasses of tomato juice in an hour and a half anyway? That much tomato juice is not a good thing. I ended up pouring one of those little bottles of rum from the mini bar into the glass to make it a little stronger. I then started asking for a double Bloody Mary and I guess there isn't such a thing cause the bartenders always chuckled and just put extra booze in it for me. Nice guys.

6 days till party time!!!!!!!!

Archived