St. John Island tour through RCCL Questions??

SEA SOUNDS

DH doesn't like to do the beach thing so I was looking at this tour through the cruise line. It is 4 1/2 hours and seems to stop at all the points of interest. Has anyone taken this tour?????? Is transportation provided from the ship to the ferry? I would like to hear your comments.

SEA SOUNDS, I can recommend PART of this excursion! (The part I was on....)

There are 3 tours from Royal Caribbean that share the same ferry:

* St John Beach Tour

* St John Eco Tour

* St John Island Tour

All 3 tours ride over on the ferry together, then board different open-air taxis for the excursion that they've booked. The boat that we were on was the Island Girl. It was a wonderful ride over to St John - in fact, my wife and I agreed that the ferry ride alone was almost worth the $100 that we spent on the excursion! :) We sat on the top, open-air deck of the ferry. The guide aboard the ship pointed out a lot of items of interest on our way over - like famous people's houses, islands for sale, etc. He also told us a lot of historic and current information about St Thomas and St John.

One thing to note - show-up early for this excursion. If you show-up too late to get a seat on the top deck of the boat, you have to sit inside (which is below the top deck.) We heard a few people say that they couldn't hear what the guy was saying.

On the way back they had a "rum tasting", which seemed more like a rum drinking contest. You should have seen the look on the participants' faces when they tried the spicy rum!

The ferry itself left leaves right from the cruise ship terminal. In fact, it was docked maybe 50 feet away from the Navigator of the Seas (our ship).

Where are these excursions to St. John being offered? I have checked the RCI website for excursions out of St. Thomas, but none to St. John was being offered. I'm sailing on the NOS Feb 26, and am anxious to visit St. John. Since no excursion was listed for this sailing, I figured we were on our own to get there.

I booked both of ours through Royal Caribbean's website. I guess it's possible, though unlikely, that they're all fully booked for your cruise? Were you trying to purchase, or just browsing?

I was trying to purchase. I had to enter my cruise information, and no St. John tour showed up. I went back and tried browsing and it showed the three St. John tours. I will have to call.

Archived