Port Everglades Parking Fee

mollybax

Can anyone tell me what the current parking fee is for Pt. Everglades (Saturday to Saturday) or daily? Also what port number(s) does the Eurodam dock at? I see there are two parking garages.

Thanks,

MollyBax

Can anyone tell me what the current parking fee is for Pt. Everglades (Saturday to Saturday) or daily? Also what port number(s) does the Eurodam dock at? I see there are two parking garages.

$15/day in the mid-port garage across the street from pier 26 where the Eurodam normally docks. Even if your ship is not at pier 26 for embarkation, you should still use that garage, as you may disembark there. There will be free shuttles if you are down at pier 29, and the other alternate piers that HAL sometimes uses are all close to that garage. If you would like a map of the port area, email_me.

Edit: once you are within 3 or 4 days of sailing, you can find out which pier you will be at on this site: http://www.porteverglades.net/about-us/ship-schedule/

Do you recommend parking at the port or using an alternative location?
We like the convenience of just parking across the street and not having to wait our turn for a shuttle bus to an off-port parking facility when we disembark. Plus, it's covered, and I believe more secure than some of the off-port alternatives, which only save you $2 or $3 per day.

If you can find a space on the 2nd level of the garage, there's a convenient above-street walkway over to the terminal. For embarkation, most people turn their bags over to a curb-side porter before making a u-turn to enter the garage.

The night before the cruise we stayed at a LaQuinta Inn in Hollywood just outside of Ft Lauderdale and about a ten minute drive to the cruise terminal we paid about $80.oo for the night and were able to leave our car there during our ten day cruise complimentary. There was a few shuttle to the pier and for $8.00 a person you could take the shuttle back, We definitely do that again. Also I had booked early and got a better rate then if we had just walk in off the street.

The night before the cruise we stayed at a LaQuinta Inn in Hollywood just outside of Ft Lauderdale and about a ten minute drive to the cruise terminal we paid about $80.00 for the night and were able to leave our car there during our ten day cruise complimentary.

We've stayed there twice and were allowed to leave our car parked for 28 days each time. A real bargain!

I'm looking for a pre-cruise Ft. Lauderdale hotel where I can leave my car for 14 days. The Hollywood La Quinta has some *very* bad reviews on tripadvisor. I'm wondering if it's worth the savings to deal with the funky hotel and worry about the car being broken into.

I'm wondering if it's worth the savings to deal with the funky hotel and worry about the car being broken into.
Right - you can bet that a lot of the reprobates in the area know that there are cars parked there for extended periods with no attention being paid to them!

I'm looking for a pre-cruise Ft. Lauderdale hotel where I can leave my car for 14 days. The Hollywood La Quinta has some *very* bad reviews on tripadvisor. I'm wondering if it's worth the savings to deal with the funky hotel and worry about the car being broken into.

Funky? Like I said we were there twice, left our Lexus there for 28 days with no problems.

LaQuintaFLL04-01-201011-31-34AM.jpg

I've never stayed there so I need to rely on personal reviews. Tripadvisor is an excellent resource for this. There are a lot of terrible reviews for the hotel, many from pre-cruise guests. When many people say, 'I'll never stay there again even if it were free,' but some say, 'it was fine for what it was,' it's hard to make a decision.

Funky? Like I said we were there twice, left our Lexus there for 28 days with no problems.

We are sailing on the Zuiderdam at Ft. Lauderdale on April 10th. We have never been there before and have no clue what to do. My husband is handicapped and drives a scooter, can we park the car in the port garage and he rides his scooter to the terminal? Also, can we drop the suitcases at the pier and then go park the car? We will be staying at a time share prior to the cruise and can't leave our car there for the cruise, so the park garage option is best for us.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Peg

We are sailing on the Zuiderdam at Ft. Lauderdale on April 10th. We have never been there before and have no clue what to do. My husband is handicapped and drives a scooter, can we park the car in the port garage and he rides his scooter to the terminal? Also, can we drop the suitcases at the pier and then go park the car? We will be staying at a time share prior to the cruise and can't leave our car there for the cruise, so the park garage option is best for us.

Peg

Yes, you can drop your husband (with scooter) and your bags in front of the terminal and then go park the car across the street. Porters will be there to help.

We like the Hampton Inn in Plantation Florida , next to the Broward Mall . Regular shuttle service and free parking , IF

you stay there one night before and one night after your cruise .

Peg

My husband is in a wheelchair. I drop him off at the terminal along with all our luggage. There's a HC space to the left, along the curb, as you are facing the terminal. Then I go and park the car myself.

Is your vehicle adapted to accommodate the scooter? If so, you are entitled to free parking. When you are leaving, tell the booth attendant. He/she will ask for your license and your HC placard, then he/she will have to see the interior of your vehicle to see if it has been adapted to HC use. [Our van has a ramp for wheelchair access.]

We used the mid-port garage for the first time on our recent Noordam garage. The ship departed from Pier 29 so I dropped off the bags and my DW at the pier. The porters handled the bags as I took them out of the trunk.

I then followed the signage for the short drive to the garage. After parking jumped in a shuttle bus to take me back to the pier. Effortless!

On our return we were docked at Pier 26 which is just across the street from the garage. We used early self-disembarkation and were off the ship at 0730. A quick walk through Customs, then across the street to our car. By 0745 we heading out of the port onto I-595 and on our way home. Smoothest disembarkation we have ever had!

After searching on trip advisor for a place to stay and park our car during our 10 day on the Noordam in April, I found Cambria Suites. They just opened mid January 2010, have a free shuttle to the port, and offer free parking up to 14 days. It looked like a great deal to me. Guess we will see.

I was unable to book the Cambria Suites because their website says they will require a two night minimum stay after March 20, 2010.

After searching on trip advisor for a place to stay and park our car during our 10 day on the Noordam in April, I found Cambria Suites. They just opened mid January 2010, have a free shuttle to the port, and offer free parking up to 14 days. It looked like a great deal to me. Guess we will see.

La Quinta hotels nationwide have a reputation for attracting a seedy crowd, due to their bargain rates.

I would definitely NOT leave my car in a La Quinta lot overnight, much less for the duration of a cruise.

I'm not sure if our car is considered Handicapped adapted. We have a large rack we had added to the car to carry my husbands scooter on the back of the car and we do have a handicapped placard for the car for parking. For the cruise, he will be using my smaller scooter because his is too large for the ship and the hallways. Any idea if this is considered handicapped adapted?

La Quinta hotels nationwide have a reputation for attracting a seedy crowd, due to their bargain rates.

I would definitely NOT leave my car in a La Quinta lot overnight, much less for the duration of a cruise.

If that is the case there were a lot of seedy people on our ten day cruise because there were two shuttles of passengers going from the La Quinta to the Holland America cruise terminal. There did not appear to be anything seedy about any of us. Also the location of the hotel was adjacent to a Mall and it appeared that most people walked from the hotel to the mall in the evening without any fears. We would definitely leave our car there again without hesitation.

I went to the Park N Fly link mentioned above via the HAL site, went to booking and the priced quoted was $111 for our 10 night cruise. Nowhere was there a place noting a day free or even Holland America - it was just the Park N Fly site.

I went to Park N GO and was quoted a rate of $105 with a AAA card.

I still don't understand the "free day" from HAL - seems like there should be a promotion code or coupon. Of course, maybe this was WITH the free day.

Archived