Is the Panorama deck a good location?

gemini8870

I am booked on Carnival and noticed that the price went down from what I paid 3 months ago. Customer Service could not offer me onboard credit, but offered an upgrade from a standard balcony on the 8th deck (Empress, I think) to a balcony on the Panorama deck (10th floor). Is it that much better because it's higher? I would love to hear your opinion as to whether I should consider it a real upgrade.

Cabins that are higher are considered more desirable, thus more $. I was on the Panorama deck on my first cruise, the Victory. It was fine. Close to the Lido and all activity and not one long hallway of cabins.

One thing to keep in mind is that you won't have any noise above you on the Panorama deck. I was on the deck below the Lido on the Miracle (deck 8 in this case) and we heard some noise from chairs moving up on deck. Every morning, you could hear the chairs being put out, and every evening, you could hear them being moved out of the way. It wasn't anything too annoying, but it was noticeable. On the Panorama deck, the only thing above you would probably be the spa and spa staterooms. You might not even have any other balconies above you depending on the ship. I would take the upgrade, but either way, I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Archived