Has anyone used Carnival for excursions??

CRUISINKIM29

My friend and are are going on the Valor in a few weeks. We are planning on doing at least 2 excusrions. The cave tubing in Belize and the Hell/Stingray Sandbar/Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman. I did not want to book with Carnival seeing how they are 2x more than using someone else, but my friend is skeptical. I am wondering if anyone knows how much Carnival charges for these excursions and were they worth it??

The online shore excursion booking is for cruises leaving on or after Feb 12, 2005. The premium is not 100%, perhaps closer to 50%. Knowing the ship will wait is worth some of that. The following are listed for the Valor (in March, anyway).

The only cave tubing one I see in Belize is Cave Tubing and Rain Forest Exploration - 7 hour duration & $93.00 & includes lunch:

Cave Tubing & Rainforest Exploration

Take the chance to observe the cave formations in limestone caverns that were formed before the dawn of mankind.

On this amazing excursion you will:

* Have a short orientation with local guides.

* Be equipped with your floatation tube, caving headlamp and life vest if required.

* Take a 45-minute hike on a rain forest path.

* Splash into the cool waters of the Sibun River aboard your tube.

* Observe the caverns as you float lazily downstream.

* Lunch will be served at the Cheers restaurant following your cave tubing adventure.

Note: It is recommended that you bring a change of clothing as you may spend up to 1½-hours on the river. Waterproof cameras and sturdy closed-toed footwear are a definite necessity as well as sunscreen, insect repellant and a hat.

Minimum age for participation is 12 years old (July-January). Minimum age is 8 years old (February-June).

Duration Level Other Pricing

7 Hours Considerable Limited Capacity Meal Included Water Activity $93.00*

Stingray Sandbar, Hell & Turtle Farm Experience

Experience all the major highlights of Grand Cayman in one excursion.

On this comprehensive excursion you will:

* Visit world famous 7-mile beach and the old Homestead for a photo stop.

* Tour the Turtle Farm, a one of a kind facility that is home to thousands of turtles.

* Arrive at the town called Hell, featuring a pre-historical rock formation that some think hell must surely look like.

* Stop at Stingray City for a boat ride out to the Sand Bar.

* Hold, pet and feed the stingrays in shallow waters (3 – 4 feet).

Note: Snorkel equipment, food to feed the stingrays and fruit punch are all provided for you at no extra cost.

Duration Level Other Pricing

4.5 Hours Easy Limited Capacity Water Activity

$59.00*

Archived