Arriving SJU 3:30 p.m. day prior to cruising

cruzluvr2

We will be staying at the Caribe Hilton one night prior to cruising on the Caribbean Princess on 4/11. We should arrive at the airport about 3:30 p.m. I need suggestions as to how to spend the evening. I'm thinking Old San Juan for the evening...I've searched maps, etc., but I would love suggestions from those that have more knowledge of San Juan. I'm afraid some of the things may be closed by the time we are able to check-in at the hotel and then find our way to OSJ. I think the morning we sail we will relax at the hotel before heading to the ship around noon.

Gail

By the time you check in and then get to OSJ, yes most tourist stuff will be closed. However, it is a great place to walk around after dark too. Or even finding a tour that starts a bit later.The Forts close at 6pm.... you may just make it to one before closing if you hurry.

But .... there is always something going on. Sundays are pretty active. Or just walk around (it is well lit, and there are lots of people (and Police) around. Look for a walking tour- Paseo de la Princesa and up to Cristo Street is a great start.

There is Salsa dancing and free live music shows (at the waterfront), then find a nice place to eat (most places have their menu posted outside, so you can decide which place appeals to you). There is a floating night club that goes out into the bay for a few hours, horse and carriage rides, or local bars and night clubs. Do a Google search for " old san juan evening" and you will find some info.

By the time you check in and then get to OSJ, yes most tourist stuff will be closed. However, it is a great place to walk around after dark too. Or even finding a tour that starts a bit later.The Forts close at 6pm.... you may just make it to one before closing if you hurry.

But .... there is always something going on. Sundays are pretty active. Or just walk around (it is well lit, and there are lots of people (and Police) around. Look for a walking tour- Paseo de la Princesa and up to Cristo Street is a great start.

There is Salsa dancing and free live music shows (at the waterfront), then find a nice place to eat (most places have their menu posted outside, so you can decide which place appeals to you). There is a floating night club that goes out into the bay for a few hours, horse and carriage rides, or local bars and night clubs. Do a Google search for " old san juan evening" and you will find some info.

Thanks so much rainforestgirl. That's the kind of info I was hoping someone could provide. I still think we will spend the evening in OSJ even if we do not have ample time to see many of the things we would like to. Walking along the wall looks interesting to me. Can you lead me to the best place to do that? Maybe I need to study maps more but I can't seem to get my bearings on this. Dinner is definitely in the plans!!

Gail

Archived