excursions and times

REALgetaway

Going on the Mexican riviera cruise on Carnival Splendor on 10/17/10

my question is this. if the ship docks at 9am and the pick up for an excursion is at 10am. would I have enough time to make it? even if the excursion picks you up at the dock?

first time cruiser here and don't know about how to correctly time out an excursion before I book it.

thanks

Is your excursion through the ship? If so, I know you will be fine. If it isn't, I am sure you will be fine also. I have never encountered a port where it takes over an hour to let passengers off the ship. Once your ship is cleared by the port authority, you can get off the ship.

Just make sure the company you're booking with knows which ship you're on, and get a contact number, just in case. Also check on their cancellation policy. If you can't make the port, you won't want to be charged for the excursion you don't take. (if you booked thru the cruiseline, they will take care of the cancellation for you)

If it's a tender port, rather than a docked one, you may have some problems making an early indy excursion.

Archived