Stupid Question - Yes, I Searched...

TXRoo

Yes, I used the search function. No, I haven't been able to find the answer.

Do Verandah Balcony rooms on the Ecstasy have hair dryers? If not, can we bring our own?

I swear I read somewhere that you couldn't, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks!

TXRoo

Do I need to pack my Hair Dryer?spacer.gifA hair dryer is provided in the bathroom (Destiny, Triumph, Victory) or at the desk/vanity in the stateroom (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, Glory, Miracle, Valor). Hair dryers are not provided in the staterooms of all other ships.

We had one on the Pride and we brought our own! Just be aware that there is usually only one outlet and it's usually by the desk. So even tho this is not related to your hairdryer, you might want to bring a power strip. Also, I think they frown on irons in your room (potential for fire), but I've never heard of no hairdryers!

By the way, your question wasn't stupid, I just remembered seeing that on Carnival's website one time.

Have a great trip!

We always bring a hair dryer... if your hair is longer than about 2 inches, it generally takes forever to dry with the one they provide... I have shoulder length hair and it takes a longggggggggg time to dry with the hairdryer they provide...

PowerStrip, PowerStrip, PowerStrip......the best advice ever....especially if you need to recharge batteries(digital camera,camcorder,cd player).....Sorry, I just would have had a really hard time without one......Calgon, Take me away......

JohnnyO

Bring your own hair dryer, even my travel one is better then the ships! I agree with the power strip. I bring one of those things you plug in and it gives you 3 outlets instead of one. Not actually a strip just a multi outlet. It takes less room to pack, I fit mine inside a shoe.

Great! I really appreciate it! My hair is at that inbetween whilst I am trying to grow it out and sometimes it decides to curve out on the bottom instead of in...a hairdryer is a must!

Thanks everyone who helped! :)

TXRoo

I think you'll find one in a Cat 12 on any ship, I always have had one.

That said...you could have your DH blow it dry by mouth faster. They're pretty low wattage. Bring your own!

We definitely did not have one in our Cat 12 on the Fascination. That was 2 years ago, but I don't think that's changed.

Karen

We definitely did not have one in our Cat 12 on the Fascination. That was 2 years ago, but I don't think that's changed.

Karen

Did you ask your steward where it was?

I've sailed MANY times (on Carnival) and ALWAYS had a hairdryer in my suite...not that it worked very well. My last sailing was August 2004. Perhaps this is only a feature on Fantasy Class ships?

I shouldn't have ASSumed they were provided in Cat 12s on ALL ships...mea culpa.

(Roo...you sail before I do. Happy sails!...and please let us have your review when you return!)

Archived