Questions about TENDERING in SANTORINI

europe10

I have two questions about tendering in Santorini:

(1) I realize that Suite, Aqua, CC, Elite etc. passengers get first pick on the first tender at Santorini. For the rest of us, if we have obtained a tender ticket, how do you know if you have an early tender or one which is later? Is there a departure time stamp on the ticket? Are the tickets numbered? What ticket number indicates an early tender?

(2) The ship departs Santorini at 10pm. I believe that "All Aboard" is 30 minutes before this time. Does that mean they want you physically onboard at 9:30pm or it is a warning that the last tender to the ship leaves at 9:30pm from the Skala Fira port?

Thank you for your help.

I would imagine each cruiseline does it their own way and I am not sure but I'll bet money you are on Solstice as I think it is the only one that leaves at 10pm........

We too were on Solstice 2pm-10pm.

The tender tickets had a group # and a time on them. They don't want you to wait down by the door but they will call your # and they will check your tickets (don't want anyone sneaking by early I guess)

They want you onboard at 9:30. The line will be long for the cable car going down. Each car holds 6 people. It goes fairly fast though. Just allow yourself enough time to get down and get on a tender (there is a line for that too)

I realize that Suite, Aqua, CC, Elite etc. passengers get first pick on the first tender at Santorini.

We were on Solstice last year, in an ordinary balcony cabin, on the 11-night itinerary, with the Santorini visit being 2pm to 10pm. Tender tickets were available from 9am that morning, and I, along with a number of other passengers, started queueing at about 8 o'clock. Tickets started to be issued at just before 9am, and I got a ticket for the first tender. And at 2 o'clock, were called in the first group for the first tender.

The point of this is that at no time was I, or anybody else in the queue, asked if we were in a suite, etc. So I don't recall any provision for priority tendering for suite, etc, passengers at Santorini.

I don't think they make those in suites etc. wait in line. They go thru the concierge for their tender tickets which does in essence give them priority.

We did not get in line early...... big mistake. We werent off the ship until 3:45. Onshore at 4:00. Still went to Oia (hired a private taxi) for a few hours and then back to Fira for a bit of shopping and dinner (with sunset)

Nice visit but would love to go back and have the whole day. Unique interesting island.

I don't think they make those in suites etc. wait in line. They go thru the concierge for their tender tickets which does in essence give them priority.

We did not get in line early...... big mistake. We werent off the ship until 3:45. Onshore at 4:00. Still went to Oia (hired a private taxi) for a few hours and then back to Fira for a bit of shopping and dinner (with sunset)

Nice visit but would love to go back and have the whole day. Unique interesting island.

Any suggestions for dinner in Fira where you can see the sunset? We have reservations in Oia for dinner and they say the sunset if just before 9:00, I am afraid we won't make it back to our ship by 10:30 to sail at 11:00.

Any suggestions for dinner in Fira where you can see the sunset? We have reservations in Oia for dinner and they say the sunset if just before 9:00, I am afraid we won't make it back to our ship by 10:30 to sail at 11:00.

To find sunset for a particular (major) city, check out this site: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=26&month=9&year=2010&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

In mid june sunset in AThens is at 8:49 (or 2049 as the Euopeans say:o)

where do you hire a taxi, can you tell me the apx cost? Thanks for your help.

They are all along the main road.....can't miss them. We actually had ours pull up to us and ask if we would like a taxi, and since he had a nice new Mercedes taxi we jumped in (after negotiating a price and plan) :D

We too had planned dinner in Oia, then decided to change to Fira in order to be closer to the cable car etc for logisitics purposes. There are many great "sunset viewing" places. I am sure that some restaurants may be a bit better than others - but for this island we just found a good spot and enjoyed.

Archived