Anyone Stay at SOFO Casablanca Hotel?

BroncosFan2010

I was wondering if anyone has recently stayed at this hotel? I read some mixed reviews, but could not beat the location and price ($105) for a pre-cruise stay. I know the area is great, right in the heart of OSJ, but was wanting to hear some reviews from fellow CC'ers who have stayed there.

I wanted to stay there in January but dh overruled me. It was very hard to find info on it - I think it's pretty new. There are a couple of reviews on Tripadvisor. I asked for info on CC but nobody had any. It's a real mystery hotel :). If you stay there, come back and report please!

I wanted to stay there in January but dh overruled me. It was very hard to find info on it - I think it's pretty new. There are a couple of reviews on Tripadvisor. I asked for info on CC but nobody had any. It's a real mystery hotel :). If you stay there, come back and report please!

I have read every review that I can find on sites such as Tripadvisor and Hotels.com. The reviews are pretty mixed. We booked because the location is great and we snagged a room for $105!!! Not bad for a 1 night pre-cruise stay. I am hoping that it will be decent, we don't need much, just a place to sleep and in OSJ to enjoy the sights of the city.

I am also anxious to hear about your experience here. We have it booked for May 16 but we're having second thoughts and are thinking of cancelling. If they don't have an elevator we are NOT hauling our suitcases up flights of stairs.

I am also anxious to hear about your experience here. We have it booked for May 16 but we're having second thoughts and are thinking of cancelling. If they don't have an elevator we are NOT hauling our suitcases up flights of stairs.

Did you book a room on one of the higher floors? We knew to book on level 2, as that was the lowest available. We will only have 3 suitcases and 2 carry on bags, and we were pretty sure we could manage that up one flight of stairs.

• 3 weeks later...

We finally got back from our vacation to San Juan early this morning so now I will give my review of the Casablanca Hotel.

All I can say is that it was a fantastic deal for the cost. Our cost was $103 american for one night, which got us an inside room.

Our room, although quite small was very nice and minimal noise. The only sounds we heard were a couple of people walking by on the way to the room. We had a shuttered window into the courtyard type area of the hotel. The elevator was still not set up yet so we had to walk up three flights of stairs which wasn`t bad at all.

There was a nice flat panel tv in our room and many other things we might need.

The staff was great, very nice and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel near the pier (that was another thing that was great about this hotel, it was just two blocks from the pier where the Carnival Victory docks). I would also suggest that if you want a quiet room and are not picky about the size of the room stay in room 2H. It was fantastic and we were not disappointed. I loved it and I would definitely stay there again in the future.:D

We finally got back from our vacation to San Juan early this morning so now I will give my review of the Casablanca Hotel.

All I can say is that it was a fantastic deal for the cost. Our cost was $103 american for one night, which got us an inside room.

Our room, although quite small was very nice and minimal noise. The only sounds we heard were a couple of people walking by on the way to the room. We had a shuttered window into the courtyard type area of the hotel. The elevator was still not set up yet so we had to walk up three flights of stairs which wasn`t bad at all.

There was a nice flat panel tv in our room and many other things we might need.

The staff was great, very nice and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel near the pier (that was another thing that was great about this hotel, it was just two blocks from the pier where the Carnival Victory docks). I would also suggest that if you want a quiet room and are not picky about the size of the room stay in room 2H. It was fantastic and we were not disappointed. I loved it and I would definitely stay there again in the future.:D

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence! Did you get many channels on the TV? I have heard mixed reviews, and DH and I like to watch TV before bed every night. Also, did you eat breakfast at the hotel??

There were a few channels on the tv, not alot. I don't remember much about them as we didn't watch them for very long.

Everyone in our group had the continental breakfast. It was the same that you would have at any other hotel, pretty good but not fantastic. The orange juice was very good, fresh squeezed.:)

There were a few channels on the tv, not alot. I don't remember much about them as we didn't watch them for very long.

Everyone in our group had the continental breakfast. It was the same that you would have at any other hotel, pretty good but not fantastic. The orange juice was very good, fresh squeezed.:)

Thanks again! What were some of the shops on the same street, or very close? Is there anything like a Wallgreens or a place to buy tolietries?

There were alot of different shops along most of the streets especially as you got closer to the pier. There was a drug store and a Walgreens just a couple of blocks away from the hotel. I don't remember exactly in which direction but the staff at the hotel are more than willing to give directions to anywhere you want to go.

There were alot of different shops along most of the streets especially as you got closer to the pier. There was a drug store and a Walgreens just a couple of blocks away from the hotel. I don't remember exactly in which direction but the staff at the hotel are more than willing to give directions to anywhere you want to go.

Thanks for the information! This is very helpful.

• 4 months later...

We spent Saturday night in Old San Juan at the SOFO Casablanca Hotel. For only $103, the location cannot be beat. We were within walking distance to everything in Old San Juan. The room was clean, but very small. There were few amenities, and the hotel was very noisy. My suggestions would be for the hotel to put some kind of shower rack in the shower, and provide better television service (only 5 or 10 channels). I would not want to spend more than one night in this hotel, but for a pre-cruise stay, it was okay. In the future, we will bid for one of the chain hotels on a travel site.

Hmmm...that doesn't sound good. We're booked here for our pre-cruise night in February. When you say the hotel is noisy, do you mean the HOTEL itself is noisy...or there is noise from the street, adjoining clubs, etc? We had heard you can hear music blaring from the nearby clubs.

Hmmm...that doesn't sound good. We're booked here for our pre-cruise night in February. When you say the hotel is noisy, do you mean the HOTEL itself is noisy...or there is noise from the street, adjoining clubs, etc? We had heard you can hear music blaring from the nearby clubs.

The walls are thin, and there is no carpeting, so everything is tile or concrete. That makes everything echo throughout the building. We did not hear noise from the street, but we had an "internal" room with no balcony or windows.

Archived