Good Beach For Snorkeling With Young Kids

abikk

I recommend West Bay Beach.....many parents were there with their kids. The water is very calm due to the offshore reef. Have a great time! It's an amazing and beautiful place.

The other option is since you are docking in Coxen Hole, to go to Maya Key. The water is shallow and there's also a pool and animals and fake mayan ruins to entertain the children. This place used to be fin and flippers and got great reviews, but the new owners upped the price to $50 pp and caught a lot of flack. It's $30 p adult and $20 p child now.

Saves on the taxi fare to West Bay/West End beaches which are excellent and worth a visit.

http://www.mayakeyroatan.com/en/index.html

West Bay beach is the best for kids. The reef is maybe 50 feet from the waters edge and its a nice gentle slope into the water. I would recommend a snorkel life jacket though if the kids are not used to snorkeling because it does get pretty deep once you start to get into the reef. My daughter is 13 and is comfortable with the snorkel life jacket and I don't have to constantly be concerned with her in the reef. You'll have blast!

Which of these options is least expensive? I'm going to have a blast regardless of where I go, but where can I take my 10 year old and not spend a ton to get there or spend a ton when I get there? Does anyone know price points? (We'll be on the Carnival Triumph in October)

Archived